Job Network
Sponsored by

Searching for someone who would like to learn the Pest Mgmt business in it's entirety

2,360 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JamesPShelley
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So, with our 2nd office location opening next month in Houston on Spring/Cypress Road...

We're looking for candidates who want to learn the entire Pest Mgmt Business with EcoZapp 'Efficient' Home Services.

I Believe we've had 5 or 6 former employees now who have started their own Pest Control businesses after working for EcoZapp. So, we looking to teach a few ppl the entire business so they can start their own business properly after 2-3 years the correct way if they choose. (( The Trades need college degree holders who want to work ))

• We'll more than likely be documenting everything needed to run the business ( from 'licensing & training' , to 'stuffing weep holes properly', to 'how to build equity in a business') and creating content to help others Start - Learn & Grow a pest business along the way. We'll be sharing this content free across the interwebs as we go. (So Camera shy ppl may not be the best fit- our HVAC crews expect to randomly have a camera guy pop up in an attic during installs )

We're looking for people with a learning mindset who might just be able to open up more locations for us. - Austin is next on the list hopefully either this year or next.

• Although the State of Texas gives us a license to kill bugs, we are not currently able to kill bugs inside the Brazos Valley for a few more years due to a Non-Compete. So candidates must live in/around Houston
  • We do keep a Bug-A-Salt gun handy in our College Station location for flying pests- Pro Tip: We use Pick Himalayan Rock Salt as ammo - not the soft/ fine grain stuff found at fried chicken restaurants.

Scope of actual work will be focused on Homeowners and customers who have already been using EcoZapp for other Home Services . - Mainly around the Northwest side of Houston for now ( Katy , Cypress, Tomball to Conroe & The Woodlands)

mAgnoliAg
AG
Interesting that you entertain people out to start their own company. In my industry people come through the exact same way but our management is very bitter when one leaves to start their own thing. It happens so much so that when i learned I passed my test and got my license a year and a half ago, the next morning our manager said, "so when are you leaving to start your own company?"
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
Owning a small business is tough and involves more than most think. Getting a license in any given field doesn't mean instant success in being a small business owner. (rather a very long/ possibly difficult road for many).

If we're able to document and create content in every step involved in starting and growing a pest business, that might equal long lasting content which helps many other small business owners. And that's a fun thought- there's about 10,000 competitors in Houston already it seems, so stressing about ppl leaving means they were no longer a good fit. I'm only 29 and would like to help many others in this area as I've already paid many dues and learned lessons that might be useful to others.

Bigger picture seems better with helping others be business owners or enabling them to start more EcoZapp locations , not having turf wars at red light intersections - Stress levels increasing from others starting a business just isn't worth it. ( I've witnessed this once we started in HVAC and still haven't quite figured out why some care some much about what we do)

cevans_40
AG
Very interested. How do I hear more?
JamesPShelley
I would suggest the "millenials" entry might suggest age discrimination. I didn't complete the pursuit of a JD, but it sounds like an adverse action that might meet the elements necessary to establish a cause of action. Any lawyers here?
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
-Changed it to college degree holders who want to work

However, there is a vast need for Millennials over the next several years to start entering the Trades - HVAC for example is expecting to have a need for 115,000 more Techs ( Good techs now can make over 6 figures before the increase in demand).

EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
cevans_40 said:

Very interested. How do I hear more?
Hey! Here's a link to our page ( It's mainly HVAC focused, other site still in progress) https://ecozapphvac.com/jointheteam

JamesPShelley
EcoZapp.Makes.Crisp.Air said:

-Changed it to college degree holders who want to work

However, there is a vast need for Millennials over the next several years to start entering the Trades - HVAC for example is expecting to have a need for 115,000 more Techs ( Good techs now can make over 6 figures before the increase in demand).

Better. I agree about the vast need for younger job entrants, particularly in the trades. Us "old timers" are going to need someone to repair our HVAC, automobiles, plumbing, etc. That EZ is providing the training, gratis, is commendable. I attended a trade school starting in high school. It was a large institution (still there today) offering near every trade imagineable. Radio broadcasting. Plumbing. Welding. Electrical. Television. Auto mechanics. Body work. And HVAC.

Cheers!
Premium
AG
I didn't like EcoZapp from years past, but this sounds like a legitimate and outstanding business model if followed through on properly. It's a true win win - getting a hard worker and a motivated worker for 3-4 years is a win for Eco - getting business building experience is a win for the worker. And naturally some will not go start their own business, but still work for Eco as if they were running their own business - again, win win... moral up for employee and better work received for Eco.
EcoZapp.AC&Air.Purifiers
- Why didn't you like us?

Years past feedback is still grand every though we learn quickly and have hopefully improved since then
Premium
AG

Years past feedback is still grand every though we learn quickly and have hopefully improved since then

You or someone at the company used to troll this board pretty hard. Also a lot of your approach on hiring seemed pretty low class - I've seen some bad sales jobs before and it sounded similar. All of that said, again, much improved approach - like how this sounds - keep it up.
JamesPShelley
Premium said:

You or someone at the company used to troll this board pretty hard. Also a lot of your approach on hiring seemed pretty low class - I've seen some bad sales jobs before and it sounded similar. All of that said, again, much improved approach - like how this sounds - keep it up.
Why didn't you like us?

• Oh. You know.

However, whomever the party may be that has been charged with authoring the new post... keep it going. Much more "user friendly".

Cheers!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.