Job Network
Sponsored by

New Career Opportunities for RN's

1,925 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by adefect
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Howdy All,

Just curious what type of opportunities are out there for people looking to make a change from Nursing. We are Dallas based and would ideally like to stay in the area.

Thanks,
-R&F
IrishTxAggie
AG
Pharma or med supply sales would be what comes to mind.

Why the change? If it's the hours, maybe go school nurse route.
MXAG15
AG
Health insurance companies are always looking for RNs to do clinical reviews for authorizations, etc.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
MXAG15 said:

Health insurance companies are always looking for RNs to do clinical reviews for authorizations, etc.
They pay pretty well too for a corporate job with decent benefits. Of course then you have all the politics and corporate BS to deal with.
BrianDemarais
AG
If you'd like to look into a Sales position, I would be happy to talk. I'm the Sales Manager for Smith-Allen Insurance, we are a Home & Auto Insurance Broker
brian@smithallen.com
7yrplan
AG
MXAG15 said:

This. Either work in utilization management and do reviews for medical necessity or care management and help members/patients navigate their care needs. Both these positions are full of nurses who wanted desk jobs and off the floor.
Not a Bot
AG
GT_Aggie2015 said:

MXAG15 said:

They pay pretty well too for a corporate job with decent benefits. Of course then you have all the politics and corporate BS to deal with.

The politics and corporate BS are very present in the nursing field now. They are probably used to it.

What sort of education do y'all have?
adefect
I would be very interested in making the switch. Are the jobs typically posted on the usual jobsite or more on the insurance companies site?
GT_Aggie2015
AG
I worked at a managed care company but non-clinical side. Just have a bachelor's.
GT_Aggie2015
AG
Just usual company websites or job boards. Some of those roles can often times be full time remote as well. Just look at the BCBS, UHG, Aetnas of the world.
adefect
Thanks so much!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.