Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for somebody good at CAD drawing - fishing industry

2,174 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cjo03
Eagle19
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This post would kind of fit into a few forums but I figured it would fit best here.

I own a marketing agency and we specialize in outdoor industry brands. Unfortunately, the outdoor industry as a whole is about 10 years behind current digital marketing curve. Fortunately, this also means I can create my own brands as well and become a big industry player.

I'm looking at starting a fishing rod, reel, and baits brand. The plan was to actually start with rods last month but turns out Orvis had actually pulled a trademark on a word we were planing to use so we are in the process or rebranding. I just got back from ICAST and I'm looking at changing my business model a little bit after meeting manufacturers.

I would like to find either a student or somebody who could work with me part time to help draw up baits and reels. But I think it would be really helpful if it was somebody who loved to fish! I'm even open to negotiating a partnership for the company. I've got people who are willing to invest to get the ball rolling, looking to keep as much in the USA that's feasible on the business end.

Feel free to message me for more details.
bmac_aggie18
AG
I would cross post this on the Outdoors Board
AgNColorado
This is something I'm interested in. I've got both 2D and 3D experience.

Can you email me? Username @gmail.com
FightinAg13
AG
I would be interested in helping where I can.

markmiller013@yahoo.com
Aggieangler93
AG
I haven't done CAD in a long time but I have GIS and Spatial skills and love to fish. I am not sure if that helps you or not, but I can be reached at username at gmail.com
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Taylorwelch83
Howdy,
I am interested in this concept and would definitely like to talk more about potential opportunities for the future. I have ample background experience in 3D CAD programs such a Autodesk inventor, Fusion, and solid SolidWorks. I used these applications quite a bit for rapid prototyping projects/ideas. More valuably, I have been an avid outdoorsmen since I was able to walk. I was a professional gunsmith for over 3 years and built/restored/repaired/modified over 150 fine firearms. (Mostly double barrel shotguns and hunting rifles) I have in the past and currently still do forge all my own knives and have been making some flawless pieces that have sparked a lot of interest. Fishing however is my biggest passion since the season is year round. I've experimented making my own rods using mostly IM8 blanks and different assortments guides/ handle materials. I feel like we could potentially get the ball rolling on some pretty ambitious things, and I would be interested in talking further at your convenience. My email is username@yahoo.com

Thanks
Taylorwelch83
I have also made a bunch of my own lures for both freshwater and inshore saltwater fishing. I think this is definitely an opportunity to capitalize on, especially with the direction that the market is heading, and people being able to sell a lure for $10 with (an estimated) cost of production to be less than $1.
JBLHAG03
AG
Taylor should win.
Aggieangler93
AG
I am now voting for Taylor also!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Taylorwelch83
Can anyone help me in figuring out how to send a private message to OP?
agdaddy04
AG
You need to pay to be able to send PMs
nonameag99
agdaddy04 said:

You need to pay to be able to send PMs
and OP needs to pay to be able to receive PMs
The Aggie number specified has already been linked with another TexAgs account.
cjo03
AG
off topic, but I'd like to know more about Taylor's custom knives... Taylor, email in profile.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.