Job Network
Sponsored by

Established Houston Communications Technology Company Hiring for Sales

5 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Justin2010
Justin2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey everyone,

I'm good friends with the ownership/management of a communications technology company down in Houston called Genesis BCS. They were my first job after college. It's a smaller company, but really well run and tight knit.

The position is for Outside Sales. They do a great job training you on the different technology solutions they sell, and the position is mostly work from home (they provide a laptop and a business phone line on your cell).

It's not a "make cold calls all day and sell over the phone" kind of job. You'll be networking, visiting prospects, preparing detailed quotes for a variety of solutions, shepherding the client through installation, etc...

I've gotten two other Aggies (from posts on this board a couple years ago, actually) hired there, and they love it and have been there for 6 and 5 years, respectively. Both are doing fantastically.

I believe you'll get base pay + commission. And it's realistic, if you're motivated and have the right personality for sales, to make $50-60K year one, and up to 100K by year five.

You don't need to have any former sales experience or a background in technology. You just need to be a quick study and have the right personality.

You can check out their website here: genesisbcs.com

Email me if you're interested with your resume and a short intro - I'll answer any questions and maybe we can have a quick phone conversation.

I have a pretty good track record on identifying good people - especially Ags - so if you get my recommendation you'll have a pretty good shot at the job.

justin6898@gmail.com
Justin2010
AG
Bump

The owner just called me and they are really looking hard for people. Even if you think you *might* be interested, it's definitely an opportunity worth investigating!
Justin2010
AG
Just an update - I just got a call from the owner and she was very excited to tell me they had hired a person who had contacted them via this thread.

She said they'd like to hire at least one more - so don't hesitate to email me.

-Justin
cretzloff
AG
Interested but located in San Antonio and not relocating now. If the position is open to other cities then I'll forward my info.
4xAgs
AG
Sitting here reviewing the job board with my son - May Aggie grad. He's actively seeking a sales opportunity. He'll be emailing you this weekend. No real world sales experience but won state championship and national runner up in FFA sales competition in HS.
Justin2010
AG
4xAgs said:

Sitting here reviewing the job board with my son - May Aggie grad. He's actively seeking a sales opportunity. He'll be emailing you this weekend. No real world sales experience but won state championship and national runner up in FFA sales competition in HS.
Sounds good. It's not a requirement. It's more about personality and eagerness to learn.

Success, especially in the first year, is about busting your ass to make networking connections. If you're sons a go-getter, he'll succeed.

The Aggie grad we hired about 6 years ago just had a 500K sales month, which is pretty huge in the industry.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.