Job Network
Sponsored by

Recently laid off, looking to network in the Houston area/chemical industry.

1,505 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Stmichael
Stmichael
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Ags, I'm in need of the network.

Unfortunately, I got laid off today, so once again I'm in the job market. I graduated class of '17 with a degree in chemical engineering and spent the last year working as a plant engineer. If anyone is in the chemical industry or knows someone connected to the industry, I would greatly appreciate being put in touch.

Thanks, and Gig 'em!
IrishTxAggie
AG
Where are you at? Houston I'm assuming?
Petrino1
Look at Covestro, BASF, Lyondell, Dow. One of them will hire you.
Stmichael
AG
I'm living in Ennis right now, but the job and housing market looks much better in the Houston area. Fortunately, my parents live in Aggieland and I can stay there for extended periods of time while I look for work in Houston.
SockDePot
All the plants in Freeport are expanding/hiring.

You can live in Pearland and commute pretty easily, or even live ITL and commute. It's an hr each way, but little / no traffic.
schmellba99
AG
SockDePot said:

All the plants in Freeport are expanding/hiring.

You can live in Pearland and commute pretty easily, or even live ITL and commute. It's an hr each way, but little / no traffic.
I live and grew up down here. Personally the thought of commuting from Pearland to Freeport every day isn't appealilng to me. And I live south of Pearland and commute to BW8/I-10.

288 just sucks these days, everything north of Highway 6 is a charlie foxtrot.

But there are, without a doubt, far worse commutes. And the Brazosport area is growing and it isn't looking to stop anytime soon, especially with the expansion of the export LNG facilities.
Bird Poo
AG
Just make sure you purchase property on some elevation, or get one of those bladder dams to surround your house.
speck3
Are you looking strictly at plant operations, or are you interested in an EPC type company? There's quite a bit of construction work starting to take off along the Texas coast as well as Louisiana. Jacobs, Zachry, Technip, Fluor, KBR, McDermott, S&B, Black and Veatch, Worley Parsons....if you're interested in EPC work I'd look into those companies as well. I currently work for an EPC company and will ask the Process Department Head if we are currently looking for anyone to bring on.
Stmichael
AG
If that particular EPC involves plant design, that would be fantastic. I'd like to flex my chemical engineering education a bit, especially for the job experience, before it becomes vestigial and I wind up as a career drafter with an engineering degree.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.