Job Network
Sponsored by

Thoughts on Lewis Energy...

1,940 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 1939
PincheDriller
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those in O&G what's the consensus about Lewis Energy in SA?
OptionRead
AG
The perception right now from outsiders is that things are a little chaotic for them. Rod Lewis' divorce, the divesting of some of their assets, and what appears to be some internal strife around whether or not relying on their own services/equipment to drill & complete wells like they've always done (rather than using third party companies like most E&Ps) probably means there is a lot of change on the horizon.

Seems like they have common sense types scattered throughout, but there is also some new blood that may not be sticking with the status quo within the organization.

Pretty cool to be the only US operator able to tap the EFS in Mexico, but don't know the details on well performance, viability, etc. If I were Rod Lewis, I'd cash out and head to the house.
AggieOO
I am not in O&G, but they are one of my customers. I only know their IT dept, but from what I know, there's a lot of turmoil right now and they are laying off people and re-organizing.
SWCBonfire
AG
PincheDriller said:

For those in O&G what's the consensus about Lewis Energy in SA?

He has a lot of really, really, cool old airplanes.

ETA: We built a project for them in their rail yard in Encinal. The people I dealt with were good folks, the design of our facility had some issues due to the materials they were using. Very vertically integrated, they were economically drilling gas wells there for a while because their costs were low enough. If several issues have affected their cost to complete their wells, that might really put the damper on the company.
Ulrich
I've not heard a lot, but what I've heard hasn't been great.
AG
I don't know about the health of the company but I've done some work for him personally and he is not slowing down spending money.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.