Job Network
Sponsored by

Admission requirement

1,660 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mAgnoliAg
el_guapo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I noticed on a google search at A&M entrance requirements called for automatic admissions if a student is in the top 25% assuming they made at least 1300 on the SAT. When I went to A&M in late 80's early 90's it was automatic only if you were in the top 10%. Has the school lowered the standards? Was surprised to see this since it's more popular now than in the late 80's.
AggieOO
was top 25 when I applied back in '96.
ntxaggie
To be automatically admitted, you must be top 10% of your class OR top quarter of your class AND score a minimum of 1360 on the SAT or 30 on the ACT.

In other words, if you are top 10% of your class you can tank the SAT/ACT and still be admitted.

All others must apply to be a 'review' admit.

TAMU admissions.
[url=http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted][/url]
ETA: 5 attempts to edit for the link to not also show as text have failed. No idea why.
AggieC07
AG
When I applied it was top 10% OR 1300+ on SAT / 30+ on ACT (provided you were in the top quarter of your class).
BTD
AggieOO said:

was top 25 when I applied back in '96.

Wasn't there an associated minimum SAT score?
TMoney2007
AG
AggieC07 said:

When I applied it was top 10% OR 1300+ on SAT / 30+ on ACT (provided you were in the top quarter of your class).
This is how I got in. I think you could be top half if you got a 1450 or something like that... I don't remember for sure though.
mAgnoliAg
AG
Also has to be >600 math and reading because I had like a 760 math and 580 reading
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.