Job Network
Sponsored by

So your spouse wants to get a PhD...

6,838 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Madagascar
K05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Good point. Every University and even college/school and department can differ on their policies and requirements. My answers were based on my experiences and I think are fairly representative of a situation where a doctoral student is receiving funding through a federal grant mechanism where there are restrictions based on salary and time. During my masters I received a fellowship through the University (not a federal grant) where I was required to teach and do some research. If the OP's wife is getting funding internally, then who knows what the requirements and expectations may be. But, it sounds like the $ was coming from a extramural grant.
Madagascar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sounds like you guys made a wise choice. I have a lot of respect for your wife in her line of work and understand the burnout can be very real. Given that she seems to care about research and improving the job, it sounds like she would make a good program director at some point, maybe once things settle down for you guys. At that point maybe the PhD wouldn't be out of the question either. Best of luck!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.