Job Network
Sponsored by

Getting into the DC market

1,491 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BobSacamano
Bob Uecker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Going to be graduating this May from A&M and just looking for advice about getting into the DC market in the policy field. Any advice is greatly appreciated
"Juuuussttt a bit outside"
aunuwyn08
AG
What level degree so you have? Have you interned anywhere? Do you have any hard skills? What policy area are you interested in?
Bob Uecker
I'll have a Master in Public Admin. in May, focused on policy analysis. I have previous work experience in the legal field as well as policy related internships last summer. Hard skills include Stata, excel, heavy economics coursework, financial trading coursework, and two published policy briefs here at A&M. Interested in any form of policy.
aunuwyn08
AG
Are you interested in public or private sector positions, and would you consider political campaign work?
Bob Uecker
Public or private sector is fine. Campaign work would have to have an agreeable price tag next to it for the D.C. area (which most do not) but not entirely out of the question.
aunuwyn08
AG
Shoot me your CV and some of those policy pieces you published so I can pass along your info to contacts in my network. I'm a federal employee myself, so I don't have the authority to directly hire since it's a competitive process, but I can make certain folders stand out to a hiring manager.

Send to freenachos13@gmail.com - this is one of my throw away accounts
Bob Uecker
I'll send you an email today. Thanks
BobSacamano
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.