Just passing this along as it came across my email today.I do not work for TFS.

Job Announcement - Staff Forester I

Salary: $38,000/year minimum plus benefits

Major duties: Serve as point of contact for Texas A&M Forest Service (TFS) staff on water resources program throughout the region. Perform Best Management Practices Implementation Monitoring on forestry operations. Conduct BMP training workshops for loggers, foresters, and landowners. Provide technical assistance to forest sector on BMPs. Coordinate water resource activities with other groups. Maintain GIS BMP monitoring database. Conduct innovative, educational outreach programs. Enhance partnerships to increase effectiveness of TFS efforts. Actively engage in water resource stakeholder meetings. Support department and agency program delivery.

Occasional duties: Prepare and assist with various administrative tasks, plans, reports, and records. Promote the image of the TFS. Other duties as assigned.

Work experience: Two (2) years experience in forestry preferred.

Education: Bachelor of Science or Master's degree in Forestry required. Excellent verbal and written communications preferred. Master's degree in Forestry preferred. Must have or be able to obtain a Texas driver's license within 30 days of employment and have driving record that meets agency requirements.

Working Conditions: This job may require exposure to harsh environmental conditions such as wind, sunlight, rain, and temperature extremes. It may also require walking long distances, standing for extended periods, twisting, bending, reaching, kneeling, lifting and carrying heavy objects. Job stress can be frequent when confronted with deadlines of various projects, frequent travel, long hours, and adverse weather conditions.

Comments: Have good oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of PC-based programs and software. Some work may occur after hours and out of town travel.

Employment Status: Full-time position contingent upon a successful six (6) month probationary period.

Closing date: Open until filled.

Application Procedure: Interested persons may obtain more information at http://tfsweb.tamu.edu/jobs

email: sharrington@tfs.tamu.edu