Job Network
Sponsored by

Logistics or Finance

2,031 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AJ02
Reload8098
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
One of my closest friends son is going back to school when he gets out of the Marines in six months. He has no intention of reinlisting. He's interested in logistics or finance but wants to go in the direction of best financial opportunity.
Does one have a better trajectory over the other? I graduated with a Finance degree but I'm in Petroleum sales.
Vernada
AG
Quote:

best financial opportunity.

probably finance
MemphisAg1
AG
What about a mix that allows him to fine tune his career based on how things go after he graduates. Like a major in supply chain with a minor in finance, or vice versa?

UTK has a top 5 supply chain program and a good business school. Mich St is another top SC program with a good business school. There are others.
Reload8098
AG
That is an excellent point and if it were me I'd be all in. This boy ain't leaving the south. I think he'd go anywhere from Charlotte to Texas but he's staying in the south/southwest.
TXAGGIES
With the latest EDL mandate logistics is getting a lot more attention. I am in finance but could see a big future for a logistics SME.
Koko Chingo
AG
If the person likes technical things, Industrial Distribution. That is a subset of logistics. It pairs well with an MBA.
JeepWaveEarl
AG
Does he have a bachelor's degree? Sent me an email... whoop03@geemail
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
...grateful for grace.....
Otto Braun 6/6/12-12/26/13
--cure pediatric cancer--
Reload8098
AG
He went to Ms. State for 2 years, so no degree yet.

He has six months left in the marines. He and his wife will probably move back to Memphis and he'll either go to school in Memphis or might go to UT (Tennessee).

Thanks for the feedback Ags.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Lucky for him UPS will hire him in 2 seconds and FedEx the same

80k plus free insurance for the family is a good transition for a marine

He'll ups will pay for his school that the military doesn't

AJ02
AG
Industrial Distribution. It's opened a lot of doors for me in a lot of different fields.

And data analytics is all the rage at most big companies these days.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.