Job Network
Sponsored by

Collin County Courthouse

1,701 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Jimmy McNulty
Jimmy McNulty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone work in Collin County? The wife is a probation officer for Dallas County downtown and we're thinking about trying for baby number 2 and and moving further north but the commute would be brutal going downtown. She's worried about getting stuck 100% in the field and has heard from associates in her court that Collin County doesn't have full time court officers. Any info is appreciated.
Hacker_2003
AG
I actually do know someone who works in the Probation office at Collin County, and I reached out to him for info. Below is his response.

Quote:

We do have full-time court officers. Right now, we have an open position for probation officer in Collin County. We're in the middle of interviews now. Our court officers are probation officers. If she goes to the Colin County website jobs, she can see the posted job opening.

Hope this helps.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Helps a lot. Would he mind if I emailed or messaged directly? Thanks a ton!
Hacker_2003
AG
Quote:

She will have to apply with the county. unfortunately we get about a hundred applicants every time we have an opening

Sorry, I don't actually know him that well. Our sons are in the same soccer team, but we are new to the team.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
No worries. I'm not looking for preferential treatment but more or less info she could get if she interviewed anyway like if time served in Dallas county transferred to a new county and that sort of thing. She's been told she'd start as entry level pay and vacation days even with years of experience in a different county which seems weird but I've never worked for a government agency. It seems she gets inaccurate information from different sources but thanks for checking back with them. Much appreciated! I'll have her check it out online.
cslifer
Generally it is true that she would start at entry level, especially when it comes to vacation ect. Every county or city I have seen vacation days are directly linked to service with that jurisdiction. Lateral transfers are becoming more common in law enforcement but still are not the norm.
Jimmy McNulty
AG
Does anyone know anyone with Rockwall County? I didn't want to start another thread
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.