Job Network
Sponsored by

Figure I'd give this a shot

3,793 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dcAg
Michael Cera Palin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy

I'm currently finishing my degree in nuclear engineering and will graduate this May. I have been applying to jobs and sending my resume out and figured this couldn't hurt. I'm looking for an entry level position in anything engineering/technical related. My experience is all nuclear related but I'd be willing to look into any field. A quick rundown of my experience:

-2.5 years of nuclear operations experience, and have possessed an NRC Nuclear Reactor Operator License for over a year now

-Radiation safety including radiation detector operation, radioactive material handling, and radioactive material shipping in accordance with DOT hazmat regulations

-GPA >3.0 (3.0 seems to be the cutoff I keep seeing when applying for entry level positions)

The majority of radioactive material I've dealt with has been frac tracers and diagnostic tracers for refineries. All my experience has been on the production side though, not in the field. I know the O&G field hires people with radiation backgrounds due to the amount of radioactive tracers and well logging, and from what I can tell it seems there's a decent amount of O&G people on this board. Will gladly send my resume to anyone interested. Thanks!
Aggie95
AG
I don't have any specific leads, but I know Fire Protection engineering firms are looking for people....your experience in Nuclear could be a good lead in.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Appreciate the response, would you happen to know the name of any specific companies to look into?
FC12
Jensen Hughes is where I would start.
JBLHAG03
AG
One of my friends is a nuclear engineer in the Navy and has lived in Hawaii for the past 15 years. That sounds good to me.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Thanks for the responses y'all, I'll have to look into it.
knoxtom
Watts Bar nuclear plant
Y-12
ORNL
TVA
VAS

Just indeed Oak Ridge nuclear. I know about a hundred people working nuclear in Oak Ridge and they are always looking for nuclear techs, physicists, engineers, etc.
SweaterVest
AG
Who did you work for/with in the frac tracer business?
Michael Cera Palin
AG
SweaterusVestus said:

Who did you work for/with in the frac tracer business?

So I currently work at the Texas A&M Nuclear Science Center. It's a research reactor used for isotope production. We basically produce radioactive materials using the reactor for any researchers or industries that need them. Our largest customers are frac companies, Spectrum Tracer and Spectratek Services are the two we deal with the most. Also we do a lot of isotope production for refinery diagnostics with Tracerco and Quantum Technical Services

I guess I should've clarified when I said I've been on the "production" side of things I meant the isotope production side
Michael Cera Palin
AG
knoxtom said:

Watts Bar nuclear plant
Y-12
ORNL
TVA
VAS

Just indeed Oak Ridge nuclear. I know about a hundred people working nuclear in Oak Ridge and they are always looking for nuclear techs, physicists, engineers, etc.

Yeah I've been looking into all of those, spoke to Y-12 at the career fair back in January. Mainly been applying online and not hearing anything back at the moment
zooguy96
Lots of Ags at Y12. Look em up on LinkedIn.
akaggie05
AG
Keep an eye out for opportunities at the Glen Rose nuclear plant. This req requires more experience, but just a heads-up...

https://efh.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/luminant_careers/job/Glen-Rose-Texas/Principal-Engineer---Comanche-Peak-Nuclear-Power-Plant_40001909-1
SweaterVest
AG
Can you send me your resume? Sweatervest2011 @ gmail.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
email sent
Knightag06
AG
Can you send me your resume? quin.alexander@ecolab.com
Michael Cera Palin
AG
email sent
tony
AG
How about pantex?

https://www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=6a3d1b0d60a97141&from=serp
Gang Green
AG
Can you send me your resume as well? srodgers05 at gmail
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Sent
dcAg
Try something through the Dept. of Energy or someone like CH2MHill.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.