Job Network
Sponsored by

Job Searching in Lubbock

1,490 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by resmith09
resmith09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

My wife just landed a great job in Lubbock, one that's too good to pass up, so we're looking at moving back from Austin. I'm originally from West Texas so it's back to the home fires for me.

I don't, however, have any real job leads at the moment. I've spent the last several years working ag, water, and natural resources policy at the Capitol, and have been an oil & gas lobbyist now for almost a year. I'm not holding out hope to stay in that line of work, although it would be nice not to face a complete career change if possible. Any ideas/leads/opportunities just to visit with someone about jobs in the area are absolutely appreciated.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Which area of ag? Lubbock and the rest of the panhandle is rich in dairy operations now. I assume with a lobbying background, sales might be a good fit. Look into companies like Merial (Boehringer Ingelheim), Merck, Purina, Cargill, Zoetis, DSM, Kemin, ADM, etc..
resmith09
AG
I covered all Ag policy areas as far as legislation was concerned- those are great ideas, I'll certainly start looking that direction and appreciate any other feedback anyone has for me!
GiveUsRoom94
Do you have an email address where I can contact you resmith?
Halconblack
AG
Email me ewaters@sitepro.com. Our home office is there.
v/r
resmith09
AG
r.smith.aggie@gmail.com

Thanks for the help!
resmith09
AG
Bump
WW99
AG
Eco-Drip in Lubbock has several good Aggies in leadership roles. I don't know if they're hiring, but it's worth a call.
resmith09
AG
Thanks for the idea, I'll check them out.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.