Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for O&G opportunities - DFW

3,936 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by rmp15
rmp15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

I am currently looking for opportunities in the oil and gas industry in DFW, specifically in project management or business analyst type roles.

I graduated in 2015 with a BS in geology and just completed a MBA from TAMU-Kingsville. I have worked for the RRC since graduating in 2015 but would like to start a career in the private sector. For example, companies like Pioneer, Hunt, XTO, etc.

Any advice, opportunities or connections would be greatly appreciated!

Reid P. '15
bbraggie
AG
Hi Reid! I would love to help you out. Can you send me your resume?
rmp15
AG
Yes, I'd be happy to! What is your email?
bbraggie
AG
blairbray3 at gmail
rmp15
AG
Sent
rmp15
AG
bump
OldArmy1606
I'm an operations geologist at Pioneer. I'd love to get more Aggies.

Shoot me an email texan190 at gmail.com
rmp15
AG
Sent!
rmp15
AG
bump

Also recently applied for positions with Matador Resources and Energy Transfer so any contacts there would be greatly appreciated!
rebel06
AG
I'd stay away from Matador unless it's your only option. Worked with several people who worked there at some point and they said it's a miserable place to work. Tread cautiously if you look at an opportunity with Matador.
rmp15
AG
Appreciate the feedback. Saw some similar things on Glassdoor but wasn't sure what to make of it
a.froman
AG
Matador is a tough company to figure out. There are quite a few people that have been there a long time. Yet, others like the poster stated above really didn't like the place. I have seen and heard both sides of the fence with that company. Quite a few Ags there though.
chjoak
AG
How do you feel about a BA role with a O&G software company?

I work for a smallish (around 100) company with offices in Houston, Dallas, Midland & Tulsa. We are in need of some people that would be a good fit for a Business Analyst / Consulting type role. You get the O&G industry but get to work with numerous O&G companies. Feel free to PM or send an email (in my profile) if you are interested in discussing.
rmp15
AG
Email sent!
rmp15
AG
Bump

In addition to E&P, regulatory, and o&g software roles, also really interested in business/finance type positions relating to the industry, with companies like JP Morgan, Bank of America, etc
tx.ag15
I saw Aethon Energy post a business analyst position recently. Good luck.
rmp15
AG
Thank you! I actually just applied to that one a few days ago
rmp15
AG
bump
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.