Job Network
Sponsored by

Construction opportunities!!

4,298 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AN_Ag 15
AN_Ag 15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

I am trying to get my foot in the door in the construction field (preferably commercial but open to home building as well). My degree is not in construction but I know I want to pursue this field. My degree is in ALED (Agricultural Leadership and Development), I am willing to do whatever it takes to make this goal come true. I take pride in my work ethnic, a go getter type personality I have the strive and motivation to take this on as I know I will be a very valuable asset to anybody that is willing to give me a chance, my ultimate goal is to become Project Manager. Does anybody have any leads or info on any opportunities in this Field as it would be greatly appreciated I'm open to move anywhere.

Thanks and Gig 'em
JBLHAG03
AG
Unmatched work ethic sounds cheesy; I would take that out. How do you know your work ethic is better than mine? (Just an example)

Look for entry level estimating positions on www.indeed.com.
mrg0901
www.blattnerenergy.com

Renewable energy construction. Lots of travel, but good company. e-mail (MRG0901@gmail.com) with any questions.
stuckinaustinAG
AG
Pahdz
Ever thought of working for a company that sells construction products? I work for a national wholesale distributor of heavy civil pipe and appurtenances for infrastructure construction, and I love it.
Wildman15
AG
Are you strictly trying to get into the actual construction side of the industry? Or are you open to getting into the sales side of it by either working for a distributor or a building materials manufacturer? Working as a sales rep for a distributor or a manufacturer can get you in front of a lot of these construction companies on a regular basis. Grow the relationship there, learn the industry, and make some money all at the same time.
Wildman15
AG
Pahdz said:

Ever thought of working for a company that sells construction products? I work for a national wholesale distributor of heavy civil pipe and appurtenances for infrastructure construction, and I love it.
Beat me to it. That's what I get for not reading the whole thread
AN_Ag 15
AG
AN_Ag 15
AG
I would not mind getting into the sales side of the business as I have some sales experience already. I would say overall I would want to get into the actual field but definitely wouldn't mind going the sales route. I would love to hear what your company has to offer and what products you sell.
AN_Ag 15
AG
I would not mind going the sales route, would love to hear more about the company and where it's located.
Pahdz
I've worked for Ferguson Waterworks for 12 years. I apologize I'm on my phone so I don't have all the links, but we're always looking for folks for our training programs where you go to one of three national locales for six months for training, then could end up anywhere in the country (tip: don't be married to any location if you can) to do project management for a year or two then transition to outside sales.

Many other large distributors in construction supply have similar programs.
AN_Ag 15
AG
I would love to stay in Texas but I'm open to a different state I went to the company website is the position you are talking about listed as "Sales Trainee Program"?
Pahdz
Yes
AN_Ag 15
AG
I really appreciate all the responses I have been receiving, never fails to see Aggies helping out other Aggies. I'm still looking for any opportunities out there preferably on the field side (assistant project manager, project management, etc.) I really want to get into this field and any help is greatly appreciated.
TexAggee05
AG
Check out https://www.pavecon.com

Email your resume to timw@pavecon.com

AN_Ag 15
AG
Resume sent! Thank you so much
AN_Ag 15
AG
Bump
southernskies
Send your resume if you're interested in starting in the field as a field engineer.

I came up in the company this way. You'll actually learn how to build as opposed to being stuck behind a computer reviewing submittals that you know very little about (at first). I enjoyed it.
AN_Ag 15
AG
I would really like to start in the field bc I hate being stuck behind a computer and not learning anything. What's your email address? I'll send my resume right away! Thank you so much for the help it's much appreciated!
southernskies
Post your email and I'll shoot you over my work contact info.
AN_Ag 15
AG
AN_Ag 15
AG
arrond91@yahoo.com

Thanks again for all the help,
Arron
kljohnston
AG
I'm interviewing for superintendents and an assistant project manager right now. Mid size commercial GC doing national retail. We are based in Austin. Email me a resume if interested. Kris@westport-group.com
AN_Ag 15
AG
Resume sent!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.