Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for Entry Level Position in Austin Area

1,838 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OklahomaSooner Ag
OklahomaSooner Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy!

I'm a soon to graduated Aggie. I'm looking to move back to the Austin area (Hutto, specifically) and find full-time employment to help pay for my wedding this August.

I've applied broadly over the past few months but I haven't been able to find employment. Normally I wouldn't be worried about the situation I am in, but I will soon be having a family of my own to take care of.

I majored in business (management), and I have experience as working as a customer service rep in a small, family-owned establishment.

If y'all hear of any business hiring or know of a connection please let me know. I take pride in my work and I make sure to always try my best.

Yours,

Jake Yturri
Class of '18.
ABATTBQ87
AG
TheLawAg said:

Howdy!

I'm a soon to graduated Aggie. I'm looking to move back to the Austin area (Hutto, specifically) and find full-time employment to help pay for my wedding this August.

I've applied broadly over the past few months but I haven't been able to find employment. Normally I wouldn't be worried about the situation I am in, but I will soon be having a family of my own to take care of.

I majored in business (management), and I have experience as working as a customer service rep in a small, family-owned establishment.

If y'all hear of any business hiring or know of a connection please let me know. I take pride in my work and I make sure to always try my best.

Yours,

Jake Yturri
Class of '18.
Do you have family in Marble Falls?
OklahomaSooner Ag
AG
Yes. That would be my grandparents and uncle.
ABATTBQ87
AG
TheLawAg said:

Yes. That would be my grandparents and uncle.
They are my neighbors; I'm the recruiter at horseshoe bay resort so if you are interested in hospitality let me know
J flowers At hsbresort.com
stuckinaustinAG
AG
kcelaynes
Jake,

I am simply writing to encourage you! I was in your shoes back in 2011 (although it feels like yesterday) and I know it's hard. BUT I can tell you with 100% confidence that you will be employed soon and you are doing the right thing by networking like this (i.e., using your aggie resources ). I was hired based solely on the fact that I was an aggie after a looooong search trying to get employment by showing off my resume and personality lol. It all came down to just being an aggie in the end. Keep at it.

I grew up in Georgetown and I know it is booming like crazy out there. Businesses are popping up everywhere! Best of luck to you and congrats on the wedding!
OklahomaSooner Ag
AG
Thank you for your reply. I was actually PMed by a fellow Aggie that knew of a position available. I start the Monday after graduation!

Have a Merry Christmas!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.