Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for Resume/CV consultant

2,936 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by BrazosDog02
nomad2007
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Essentially, I am looking for someone to consult with my mother-in-law on her resume/cv for nursing/medical bookkeeping positions.

She is relocating to Texas next year and hasn't had to update a CV in several decades. She wants to make sure her CV is concise and well designed.

Anyone have recommendations on a firm or individual that does this kind of work?

TIA
IrishTxAggie
AG
Inb4JamesPShelley
magscientist14
AG
try looking on fiverr or linkedin. I used fiverr recently when i updated mine
double b
AG
I'm happy to look at it. My primary clients are high school and college students. However, I've worked with several people who are in their professional career and been successful.

You can find my info in my profile.
erwin6ranch
I am a 30 yr oil& gas executive that had my resume redone by a "professional resume writing company that charged too much for too little. James P Shelley re-wrote my resume and offers started immediately . Recommend him highly. very much in tune with customers and does good background work up, several writes and and customer inputs until you are satisfied.Reasonable pricing.
I Am A Critic
erwin6ranch said:

I am a 30 yr oil& gas executive that had my resume redone by a "professional resume writing company that charged too much for too little. James P Shelley re-wrote my resume and offers started immediately . Recommend him highly. very much in tune with customers and does good background work up, several writes and and customer inputs until you are satisfied.Reasonable pricing.
Given your grammar and punctuation, a monkey with a typewriter would show improvement. How much is Shelley paying you to shill for him, Mr. Rookie With One Post?
JamesPShelley
I Am A Critic said:

erwin6ranch said:

Given your grammar and punctuation, a monkey with a typewriter would show improvement. How much is Shelley paying you to shill for him, Mr. Rookie With One Post?
That is a very derogatory statement, and one made to your A&M brother. In spite of an A&M degree, many of my clients aren't prepared to engineer their resumes because their command of the English language may not be as honed as yours . Would you make the same comment to an ESL person? Would you make those remarks to them face-to-face? Would you make that same comment to your mother? C'mon.

Any comments made about the efficacy of my service I can handle. It's part and parcel of the business. Your comment to an A&M Alumni is mean-spirited, insulting, and belittling.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
I Am A Critic
JamesPShelley said:

I Am A Critic said:

erwin6ranch said:

That is a very derogatory statement, and one made to your A&M brother. In spite of an A&M degree, many of my clients aren't prepared to engineer their resumes because their command of the English language may not be as honed as yours . Would you make the same comment to an ESL person? Would you make those remarks to them face-to-face? Would you make that same comment to your mother? C'mon.

Any comments made about the efficacy of my service I can handle. It's part and parcel of the business. Your comment to an A&M Alumni is mean-spirited, insulting, and belittling.

I nothing specific or fact-based that would indicate that the person I quoted went to A&M. Obviously you know something that's not being disclosed here. It just seems a little suspect for a rookie with one post to come along hocking your services after registering 11 months ago. If I had to guess, I bet the real story here is that you have multiple accounts here and you're doing the posting yourself to make yourself look better.
JamesPShelley
I Am A Critic said:

JamesPShelley said:

I Am A Critic said:

erwin6ranch said:

I nothing specific or fact-based that would indicate that the person I quoted went to A&M. Obviously you know something that's not being disclosed here. It just seems a little suspect for a rookie with one post to come along hocking your services after registering 11 months ago. If I had to guess, I bet the real story here is that you have multiple accounts here and you're doing the posting yourself to make yourself look better.
" I nothing...". I've made my point. I won't disparage you.

Agreed: It does look suspect. But, it's not unfathomable that he/she is a first time poster.

I'd take that bet. Reveal yourself. What's your name?

Make myself look better? I'm not that attractive to begin with, but thank you for suggesting I am.

I bet you're a real nice guy when you're not hiding behind a screen name.

Really, have a nice day.
zooguy96
James did my wife's resume. She got many interviews and finally got a job not in teaching. It's difficult to transition to a job outside of teaching, but he did a superb job.

If you don't want to use his service, you don't have to. Nobody is sticking a gun to your head.

We were very satisfied with his service. And, no, I didn't just make my account yesterday. I've been on here for 12 years (2nd account after I deleted my last one).
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
TheMasterplan
I don't use James P Shelley's services but just from browsing the Job Network the past couple years, his reviews are well into the majority positive.
btalking
AG
I used James Shelley to help me put together really my first resume since graduating college over 15 years ago. I've been with the same company since college, and although not actively looking to change jobs, felt the need to put something together. Working with James Shelley was easy. He asked lots of questions to help understand my working experience and my expectations of the product I was expecting to receive. James has my recommendation.
BrazosDog02
AG
I have personally used James services and he has been nothing but professional and completely in tune with all goals, even as they changed real time. There are only one or two posters here that seem to have some kind of beef with him for reasons that to date still have not been revealed or illuminated. Personally I think it's sour grapes. They paid for service, their results didn't work how they wanted, and they ***** and moan here even though James has REPEATEDLY attempted to make it right even though I do not think he should or is required to in any shape or form.

OP, I highly suggest you treat your resume and services related to it NOT like you would your lunch. Do not come here for ratings, get a few recommendations, contact said people, judge for yourself. People like you or I don't know **** about writing resumes any more than yelp reviewers know about food.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.