Does anyone have any leads on IT management / IT director positions available in higher education in the DFW or B/CS markets? I'm looking to boost my career past middle-management, if possible.

I have 15 years of experience in higher-ed IT support with most of that in management. I'm currently in middle-management at Texas A&M, so I know the ins-and-outs very well. I just went through a grueling selection process for an internal promotion to IT director but fell second. Due to the new-hire, growth potential where I am is non-existent. Similar opportunities on campus are limited and rife with competition.

My wife and I don't mind settling down in B/CS or DFW for the long-term. The wife is unemployed and has family in Richardson, so we could relocated quickly and easily. We want to start a family, so wherever I end up in the next year or two is likely where I'll be when the babies start comin'.

I'm looking through the typical sources: Indeed, Monster, LinkedIn, HigherEdJobs, Inside Higher Ed, Chronicle of Higher Education, and EduCause. No great leads in DFW or B/CS, yet.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.