Job Network
Sponsored by

17 years experience, deepwater oil and gas Project Services Manager - Just laid off

3 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Southside AG
Southside AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My company based in Houston, a small subsidiary of a bigger company owned by the Chinese, has gone from 400 to ~50 employees over the last 5 years since we were bought out by them. This is our fourth round of layoffs.

A strategy shift was recently made and we will no longer participate in exploration activity in the gulf of mexico; this coupled with our non-operated projects coming to an end means there is no longer a need for project services/control and/or PM functions. My last day will be August 31st.

I've reached out to my industry contacts, had a few interviews (still awaiting some final feedback from them but am currently being ghosted after almost a month) and thought it was time to cast a wider net. This is the first time I have called on the Aggie network and am hoping if you know of anything that you would consider me. I've been searching on linkedin, glassdoor, indeed etc.

About me, Aggie grad ECON 2001. Like to lead, coach and develop junior staff. Have had my PMP certification since 2015 and is currently in good standing. Like deepwater GoM however not tied to it and open to midstream and/or downstream opportunities. Came up via cost control and learned scheduling, risk, change management and procurement skills. I feel like i'm a well rounded PM and even though i don't have an engineering degree can hold my own technically. I would prefer an E&P company but willing to put preferences aside for the right opportunity. I live in the Katy area (West Houston) and at the current time do not prefer to relocate my wife and 2 elementary age kids.

If you know of anything, please send me a PM.

Blessings.

Southside AG
AG
Bump.
Aggiewoman
AG
Check HireAggies through the Career Center page. A lot of positions get posted there that aren't entry level.
Betoisafurry
Have you check out OII? They seem to be hiring alot.
Southside AG
AG
Thanks for the responses. I've checked out hire aggies. I didn't see much there but will keep looking.

I did look at OII. I didn't see much there either however will keep looking as well.
Southside AG
AG
I'm not seeing many staff positions I think I would like. As a contract position I would make a good project Controls Manager and/or Cost Engineer.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.