Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for Moonlighter.

1,829 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by agfox06
agfox06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey folks, I'm a small business (1 man show) and find myself in need of someone with experience in Civil 3D or the like. If you know of anyone who might be interested in some side work, I find myself needing some help with a project every now and again.
oldarmy76
Just so you know, we pay our contract cad guys $50+ an hour. All regular employees are so busy you will have a hard time getting side hustles without paying them at least this much.
agfox06
AG
Yeah, I would expect to pay something like that. Does such a thing exist as contract CAD guys? Where could I find someone like that? Certainly not Fiverr right?
JMac03
AG
I doubt Thumbtack has that category but might be worth looking.
oldarmy76
Where are you located?
BowSowy
AG
There are definitely contract CAD workers. My company (EP O&G) uses a lot of contract drafters.
agfox06
AG
I'm in Denton. I'm totally willing to meet with someone anywhere in DFW area to go over things.
oldarmy76
I'm in Austin so can't help. Good luck!
Vernada
AG
You might give these guys a call:

https://cad2u.com/

972-212-5055

They are in your neighborhood and probably have the experience you are looking for.

Rates should be around $50-$65 per hour.

one MEEN Ag
AG
agfox06 said:

Hey folks, I'm a small business (1 man show) and find myself in need of someone with experience in Civil 3D or the like. If you know of anyone who might be interested in some side work, I find myself needing some help with a project every now and again.
I would recommend looking into upwork.com. Its a community of people peddling their technical skills as contractors. Upwork is the platform to connect with a contract worker and they'll take a cut. CAD work should be pretty easy to find. Once underway, its a lot of virtual meetings so don't expect anyone to meet face to face unless they are local and you're willing to pay for their travel time as contractor.

As with anything, you get what you pay for. So screen heavily and expect that your project will only be part of their workload, especially if you're on the cheaper end on the per hour rate.

BR 12
AG
About how many hours a week would you be looking for? I'm a PE who's been using Civil 3D for around 5 years. Currently getting my MBA so I've got a pretty flexible schedule and could always use some side income.
agfox06
AG
I checked into upwork.com and it's an awesome place. I found some really good prospects.

BR 12, I'd love to give you some work. It's nothing terribly steady, just when I get jobs that would require it. you can email me at jared@txdroneco.com

And Vernada, I will look into CAD2u, thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.