Job Network
Sponsored by

Oracle sales

920 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ORAggieFan
BeachRanger
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Have the opportunity to interview w Oracle for a sales gig on the coast. It's selling their cloud and planning/budgeting software.
No experience in selling software but top-notch prospector and that's one of the main things they want and like about me.
1- anyone in sales w Oracle?
2- company culture for a Texas guy?
3- initial base $$?
And anything else you can think of.

TIA.
Rusty GCS
AG
I would think Oracle would be hard to push over SAP
cjo03
AG
go get the job. do well. make a bunch of money. get promoted a few times...

...and then make them easier to do business with. as a buyer of several of their products, they are one of the more complicated vendors.

a few of the reps I enjoy working with - a few of them leave me with a feeling of needing to shower.
jh0400
AG
Lots of smaller companies use EPM software without an ERP. I'm assuming that's who he'd be selling to.
JMac03
AG
Their software is expensive as ***** Just saying.
AggieOO
Have several co-workers who left to go to Oracle. They all came back. Said they were promised lots of $, but that their quotas were completely unattainable. Managers were all micromanagers. Overall experience sucked.

I have no first-hand experience, but just what I've been told. The people in question were successful in sales both before and after their Oracle stints. I have no idea what divisions they were in at Oracle, so perhaps that makes a difference.
ORAggieFan
Worked for a company that was acquired by Oracle. I'm in professional services and we all bailed fast. Sales reps, especially SE's, lasted the longest as they were comped well.

Culture blows. No one is excited about working for Oracle. But, could be a good opp to transition and then jump in a few years.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.