Job Network
Sponsored by

Any software people work or worked for Nationwide/MrCooper?

528 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by NomadicAggie
boboguitar
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Please PM me.
NomadicAggie
AG
Mr Cooper is the most god awful company in the entire world. They have screwed more things up with regard to my mortgage. Total and complete ineptness. Just go read reviews about the company online. After never having an escrow account, they just decided to give me one and started paying my taxes...after I had already. They then demanded I repay them thousands of dollars. Took forever for them to fix that. And I won't even tell you how terrible they were to deal with in the Harvey aftermath.

I hate Mr Cooper. With a passion. And I usually never use the word "hate". They are that terrible.

Run, don't walk, away from that company.
hph6203
AG
I don't work in software development, but I've worked for them for 8 years in a variety of different roles. There's been some ups and downs, but it is more stable right now than it has been in all of those 8 years. Their intention over the last two years has been to make the employee experience better and better, and it seems like they're going to continue along with that goal. At least in my department it's a really laid back experience, and for the most part has been enjoyable.

And I'm sorry for your experience Nomadic, but I wouldn't put too much weight on that review as to whether or not to work for this company. There was nothing malicious about what happened with your taxes, it is just the way it works across all mortgage companies. I used to work in our servicing sector and dealt with issues in regard to force placed escrow for taxes and/or insurance from several different major servicers on a daily basis. (we acquired mortgages from AmTrust, Citi, Bank of America, SunTrust, etc. etc.)
boboguitar
AG
Hey thanks for replying.

Since you've worked there for 8 years, what's made you stay? How's work/life balance? Do they do anything special for your mortgage? I have a mortgage with them and just wondered if employee's get any preferred treatment.
hph6203
AG
I work out of the Horizon Way building.

As a production based employees (I work in loan origination) I'm an hourly employee, so I'm compensated for any overtime. That said they're pretty averse to people spending hours upon hours beyond the typical 40 hours a week. I never work weekends and rarely work more than 8-8 1/2 hours a day. Hopefully that answers your work/life question. There are software devs that work on the floor right below me and they don't seem to be up here at all hours that I've noticed.

As far as why I've stayed, it's been fairly stable, my take home has gone up over the years for a variety of different reasons (increased/more efficient production, raises), and for me what I know is better than the unknown. So whatever frustrations that may arise I'm used to. Basically I'm comfortable here.

As far as loan perks, there are some, but they're currently geared towards purchase loans rather than refinances as far as I'm aware. A refinance program is coming. I had already purchased my house by the time they launched the initial program, and the rates have increased since so I've never been able to take advantage of it. The perks aren't so blow you away great that it would sway my decision on whether or not to work here, or preclude me from at least rate shopping a little to see what else is out there. I could give you exact details, but I'd rather not post them on a public forum.
NomadicAggie
AG
I had to get the Better Business Bureau and the Texas Department of Savings and Mortgage Lending involved in order to get them to fix THEIR error.

The errant escrow account was just pure incompetence. The real kick was immediately after Harvey (had 5 feet of water in my house), they said they offered six months of forbearance, and then there would be a program whereby those months would be added to end of my loan. After three months I knew they were messed up, so I started just paying BOTH rent (where we had to temporarily relocate to) and my mortgage payment so as not to make things worse. Sure enough, at the end of the period they said they I didn't qualify because I already had too low of an interest rate (apparently that was how they were going to do this "program"). So all of a sudden they said "sorry!" and demanded three months of mortgage payments immediately. FYI, I have a 790+ credit score and he never been late, just a victim of a flood. *******s.

Maybe they're just stupid, maybe they're evil. Either way...f 'em.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.