Job Network
Sponsored by

Anyone work at or with Cheniere Energy - Houston

1,872 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Vivificus
Southside AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone work there or with them? I have an interview coming up next week in the Project Development group and curious of your thoughts. From what i have found online they have gone through some change over the last couple years with the former CEO being kicked out by the Board. Big projects are adding on LNG trains at their existing facilities at Sabine Pass and Corpus. The reviews online are mixed and old.

Work environment? culture? pace? Retirement, 401k (found 6%), Base Pay thoughts, Bonus?, other benefits?
CPDAggie10
AG
Up until recently, I was with Bechtel and I worked on the Cheniere Sabine Pass LNG facility for 5 years. Cheniere was our biggest customer. I know quite a few folks that worked there, mainly in their Operations group, plus some in engineering and construction. My old boss actually 'retired' and now works for Cheniere down in Corpus. Some good people over there.

Overall a good company I think, still relatively 'young' and it seemed liked they are trying to get their feet under them now that they are a mega player in the gas market. A lot of politics from what I understand and heard. I knew some operators making well over $200k with OT and some pretty nice bonuses plus stock options.

Souki got booted out a few years back when Carl Icahn came in and bought majority shares and earned a seat on the board. He convinced the board to slow down on building trains and pay off the debt. Souki had visions for 10+ Trains at Sabine. Not sure what their plan is once they have all the Trains online in Sabine and Corpus in a few years and they stop growing. Maybe that's why they are interviewing you for Development.

My opinions and observations from having Cheniere as a customer for 5 years and working with their Commissioning & Ops group on a daily basis. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM or email. Good luck on the interview, they are a good company.
Southside AG
AG
Thanks for taking the time to post. I read about Ichan being put on the board and kicking out the ceo. Coming from an E&P company with a background in deepwater I'm just trying to see if this is a good fit because the opportunity looks good. I saw where they use Bechtel with an EPC contract for their projects. I'm studying up since LNG is not my background but is their main focus. Thanks for the insights.

My interview is with DC. Do you know anyone with those initials?
coolerguy12
AG
I know someone who works there. The feeling I get from him is that it's a great company to work for but he feels like it could all change in a heartbeat. From what I can tell they treat their employees very well.
Southside AG
AG
It could all change because why? From my research LNG demand is growing due the need in foreign markets. Is your friend in the development or ops groups?
GE
AG
I went to a panel a few weeks ago that convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that LNG is a major part of the future of energy, especially for large vehicle transportation in shipping, trucking, and trains.
Southside AG
AG
My research, although limited, has led me to this conclusion as well.
coolerguy12
AG
Southside AG said:

It could all change because why? From my research LNG demand is growing due the need in foreign markets. Is your friend in the development or ops groups?

Ops. I don't mean the company going under, just the work environment.
Vivificus
AG
CPDAggie, sounds like your no longer with Bechtel, how long ago did you leave? I was a Mechanical Engineer there from 11-15, I heard things got pretty slow after 15
Viv
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.