Job Network
Sponsored by

Anyone work at Southwest Airlines?

3,491 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Bayside Tiger Ag
PrincessButtercup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a couple of questions. Please email me : princessbuttercupta @ gmail.com

Thank you.
Bird Poo
AG
What position are you looking at?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
My sister has worked for them for almost 5 years. Is as a flight attendant. Loves working for them. Not sure what you're looking at with them or where
PrincessButtercup
AG
I interviewed for a copywriter position with them yesterday. Was just curious if people have had positive experiences working there. I've mostly worked for agencies rather than client side, and I've never worked for a corporation of its size.
Ignatius_of_Silesia
Former SWA pilot here. I'm thinking old fashion stewardess would be a great position for you. Would LUV to see you up in the cockpit.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Ignatius_of_Silesia said:

Former SWA pilot here. I'm thinking old fashion stewardess would be a great position for you. Would LUV to see you up in the cockpit.

Hahahah shut it
Carlo4
AG
I know three that work there. Ones a stewardess. Ones in PR. One trains people across the country.

All three love it without question. I hear it's a great culture and the perks of flying free all the time on standby can't be beaten.
MD1993
AG
My BIL works there and loves it. Lots of good benefits and group events. His team flies to go skiing for a work team builder every year for a day.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Y'all are confirming what I thought. I hope even more now that I get the job!
MD1993
AG
Good Luck, I wish I could work there.
OregonAggie
AG
Good luck girl!
Joseydog
AG
I wish you the best. Good luck!
TexAg2016
AG
My dad has been a pilot there for 24 years, and has loved it ever since. Says its "not what it used to be" but still beats the hell outta any other airline.

I would love a job with them...
PrincessButtercup
AG
Ahhhhh y'all are making my anxiety over it even greater. It seems even better than I thought. I should hear something by tomorrow. I think there will be another round of interviews.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
PrincessButtercup said:

Ahhhhh y'all are making my anxiety over it even greater. It seems even better than I thought. I should hear something by tomorrow. I think there will be another round of interviews.

Next round of interviews just wear your black yoga pants.
PrincessButtercup
AG
Facepalm.gif
BoDog
AG
Worked there a year in Finance. The pay is God-Awful!
HBCanine08
AG
I've heard it's a great place to work. I interviewed for an attorney position last year with them, but didn't make the second round. Hoping to land there if I don't end up at my #1 choice in the DFW area. Good luck.
78bc3
AG
Really good read about their culture. Their purpose if giving people the freedom to fly

Nuts!: Southwest Airlines' Crazy Recipe for Business and Personal SuccessPaperback February 17, 1998

by Kevin Freiberg (Author), Jackie Freiberg (Author)
Paul Pausky BC3 '78
FincAg
AG
BoDog said:

Heard the same from FP&A guys. The reason I struck them off the list of future employers.
Stymied
AG
FincAg said:

BoDog said:

Heard the same from FP&A guys. The reason I struck them off the list of future employers.
BoDog
AG
That's an understand,Aero. I know people there in that dept that have been their 20 years and are still not making $100k... I know wearing shorts and flip flops to work is cool and all, but personally I'd rather have the cash and appreciate shorts and t-shirts on the weekends....

Just my opinion.
PrincessButtercup
AG
I'm still waiting to hear back. Ugh. They said I'll know something next week. Keep your fingers crossed. They said my asking salary was within their range, so I'm okay with the pay.
Bayside Tiger Ag
PrincessButtercup said:

I'm still waiting to hear back. Ugh. They said I'll know something next week. Keep your fingers crossed. They said my asking salary was within their range, so I'm okay with the pay.

Good luck Princess, you'll kill the final interview
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.