Job Network
Sponsored by

Interview Time Selection

1,181 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by ORAggieFan
BMCaginLTX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Scenario:

You have a choice between six 1-hour time slots for an interview. The choices are 8,9,10, am. or 1,2,3 pm. You have the first choice, but the rest of the slots will be filled with other candidates.

What position are you looking for in this secnario?

Thanks in advance

Ulrich
8 am.

Lowest chance that it will start late or be interrupted.

Interviewer is fresh instead of being bored with interviews, looking forward to lunch, or experiencing post-lunch malaise.

I get to set the bar, and if i do it right the interviewer will subconsciously be comparing all the other candidates to my strengths.
HollywoodBQ
AG
10 am. If the conversation runs long that's good.
Also, in the morning, things should still be on schedule. Afternoon, there's a higher probability that something will have come up that pre-empts your interview.
Also, 10am gives you a better chance of being on time with your hair dried. Instead of being caught up in traffic and frazzled when you get there.
Beckdiesel03
AG
I would also say 9 or 10am. A few years back I had a 9am interview and left 2 hours earlier. This was a good 40 minute commute so i figured i could sit in my car or go grab a coffee and prepare some more. I barely made it to the 9 am because of a random storm and then all the accidents it caused. I had never ever been that close to being late before and seriously almost threw up. So mid morning so you can miss rush hour but not hit the afternoon delays.
aduey06
I would do 10. If the interview goes well and a little long you could get invite to lunch.

Other than that be confident that you would nail it no matter what time.
ORAggieFan
I'd probably go 10 as well. But, don't dwell over it. As someone that conducts panel interviews monthly, the order doesn't matter. If you're better, you get the offer. If you're good early, go 8. If you're best late, do 3.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.