Howdy,

I am looking for a little help to hopefully get my resume in front of a few right people. I am seeking a role throughout any level of Procurement/Supply Chain or in any level of Project Mgmt/Planning/ Scheduling. Finally, I am very willing to start basically over and begin building a book by going into sales as many of my fellow ID grads did 10 years ago.

Short Background:
A&M Industrial Distribution Class of 08
University of Florida - MBA - 13'
Naval Supply Officer - 2008-2014
Since 2014 I have worked for Pacific Drilling, first as a Sr. Procurement Analyst. As oil crashed in the summer of 14, I knew the chances of a Operations Management Program were then eliminated within Pacific.
I went offshore 3 years ago as what Pacific calls their "Offshore Planner Schedulers"
We handle the logistics, service vendor planning for major projects onboard the rig, and are the rigs local go to person for any questions within SAP (PM/WM/MM).
Due to my business background, I help coordinate the rig's yearly budgets and keep them on track.

Reason for asking for some help. I had always viewed being offshore as being temporary, I took it as an operational tour to get a better understanding of the offshore drilling environment to eventually come back into an office role.

Flash forward 3 years - Unfortunately my family and professional timelines have not matched up. Pacific is still in the middle of bankruptcy and cannot bring me back into the office as they are on a position freeze. However, the reason for choosing to leave is the biggest blessing of my life, becoming a father.

My wife is due in June, and this is my last hitch offshore. I resigned and come Feb 28, I will no longer be with Pacific. Professionally, I understand this was not the wisest choice to not have the next gig lined up before leaving my current (I am on my wife's healthcare now, as I would not be leaving without healthcare). We don't have family in the area, and moving isn't really an option right now.

For the last 3 months I have scoured every job board, and applied to just about every position in the ranges above I could find within O&G.

Any help or contacts is greatly appreciated. I return to Houston from the Rig on Feb 28 and will gladly meet anyone for lunch/coffee/drink if you would like to meet me in person before a recommendation.

I am restricted to Houston, and as I live in Cypress, Baytown and Pasadena are a bit of a stretch every day to drive, but if its the right opportunity, I am open to it.

Thank you in advance
Will
wdavant@gmail.com