Job Network
Sponsored by

Afghan friend looking for work in Sacramento

1,011 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by neutics
neutics
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
(Also posted in the Aggie Network - Around the Nation forum).

Ags, trying to help a former US interpreter from Afghanistan find a job here in the US. He and his family received a special immigration visa and arrived in Sacramento, CA just after Christmas.

He is an engineer by trade and education, though has experience in project management and also finance.

Long story short, I was on a base in Bagram with the Army a few years ago and led a project contacted out to a local company from Kabul. He was the head of this 20+ person company and a very talented businessman who speaks five languages (including excellent English).

Thanks in advance, can send his resume if you have any leads and am obviously willing to serve as a reference.
Duncan Idaho
I wonder if this was the Uber driver I had a couple months ago. It sounds like you're describing the same guy I rode with
neutics
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

I wonder if this was the Uber driver I had a couple months ago. It sounds like you're describing the same guy I rode with

Probably not considering he doesn't have a license yet, let alone a car.
Duncan Idaho
I figured it wasn't but it was an interesting coincidence that I had an Uber driver in January that was a translator in Afghanistan
Oh Four Five
AG
I know a former marine that runs a small company out of the Sacramento area. Not sure if he's looking for anybody but I'd be happy to forward a resume if you want to send it over. Username at Gmail.
neutics
AG
AggieDan04 said:

I know a former marine that runs a small company out of the Sacramento area. Not sure if he's looking for anybody but I'd be happy to forward a resume if you want to send it over. Username at Gmail.
Worth a shot! Email sent.

Thanks
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.