Job Network
Sponsored by

Poss. Employer Sent Me Tax Credit Questionnaire After Final Interview?

2,078 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by cjo03
Gooder Poster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Late last week I completed my final, in-person, interview with a potential employer. I have not heard back from the recruiter yet on the feedback and results.

Just now, they sent me an email with a link to a questionnaire for their participation in tax credit programs, like the Work Opportunity Tax Credit program. I don't qualify for those because I'm not a veteran or in any at-risk populations. That's not the point, though.

My question is, should I take this as a good sign or no sign at all of my status? I find it odd they would be sending this to me when I haven't even been extended an offer yet. If I'm not an employee, then I don't factor in to their federal and state tax returns, do I?

Their email states:
_______ participates in the U.S. federal government's Work Opportunity Tax Credit, Welfare to Work, and other federal and state tax credit programs. Please help us make this opportunity a success by clicking the link below and answering the questions as they pertain to your circumstances. The information you provide will be confidential and will only be used to complete the company's federal and state tax returns, and in no way affect any employment decisions made by ________. The questionnaire can take up to a few minutes to complete.
surveillancevantexags at gmail
combat wombat™
AG
Maybe they've narrowed it down to you and some other candidate. Person who qualifies for this might get the offer?

It would seem smart for them to have all employees complete one.
Gooder Poster
AG
Definitely smart to have all employees complete one, and I actually advised companies to do that before. But that was for new hires, not prospective applicants. Would it even be legal to decide on that basis?
surveillancevantexags at gmail
normaleagle05
AG
You've been inadvertently spammed by an HR ding-bat.
cjo03
AG
part 1 must be submitted prior to a job offer. some companies have WOTC questionnaires during application. not illegal to use the info in hiring decisions.

IMO, it is strange to receive it randomly though... I'd interpret it as you haven't been declined yet, but that's just a guess. Entirely possible that whatever recruiting system they use had a hiccup causing it to come late (post-application)
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.