Job Network
Sponsored by

Feedback on USAA

1,583 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by lotsofhp
tleeper
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know someone is looking at USAA for a software engineer role (not me, I'm too old). Anyone have experiences working there around the environment, quality of people and managers, compensation, full-time vs. contractors, etc? Thanks in advance. Yes, I've already read the feedback on indeed, glassdoor, etc.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
I know a bunch of people that work there and they love it. I will just tell you this, they all say that they never plan to leave. Great company with great benefits; you can buy extra vacation, bonuses are great. They really care for their employees. I haven't worked there first hand but just going off the word of mouth from friends that have tried to get me to work there.
Average Joe
AG
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

I know a bunch of people that work there and they love it. I will just tell you this, they all say that they never plan to leave. Great company with great benefits; you can buy extra vacation, bonuses are great. They really care for their employees. I haven't worked there first hand but just going off the word of mouth from friends that have tried to get me to work there.

Similar experience. I have a good friend that is a software developer at their Plano locating that loves it.
AJ02
AG
My dad was with USAA 30+ years and retired with them. He's always had nothing but good things to say. I remember going to the company picnics every year.

My 27 year old cousin just got a job with them right before Christmas. She was included in the Christmas bonus even though she'd only been there a couple of months. I think it was 2 weeks pay? And she gets the big bonus they just announced a few weeks ago.

I've never heard anyone speak badly about them that works for them.
tleeper
AG
I appreciate all the replies! Anyone else? Particularly with direct exposure to their software development?
koadie
AG
My FIL is actually in their IT department. He loves it. Is trying to convince my wife and me to move to San Antonio saying he could get me a job there.

Been to the company picknicks and had lunch in the building. It's an awesome place.

Eph: 2:8
ApachePilot
AG
Hard to beat their positive culture. Lots of my Officer buddies went to them and love it.
lotsofhp
AG
They're pretty much the gold standard of corporate type jobs in San Antonio. Have been for very long time
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.