Job Network
Sponsored by

Entry level technical position wanted in Houston area

1,329 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by agdaddy04
The Blue Goose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This post is on behalf of my sister-in-law. She is a May grad from a small school in Maryland, and recently moved to Texas with my Brother-in-law.

She graduated with a physics degree and is looking for a role in Houston that takes advantage of her analytical, technical and project management skills. She's having difficulty finding entry-level positions. She also majored in music, and has done projects on acoustics.

I've encouraged her to look into seismic analyst roles, or similar. Does anyone have any advice or ideas for her?

Thanks!
BeastmodeAg
AG
Did she do any internship?
The Blue Goose
AG
BeastmodeAg said:

Did she do any internship?

Thanks for the reply.

She did a summer fellowship researching cancer cells by utilizing something called Python software and other computer programs. Also she worked for her college (Washington College in Chestertown, MD) to create better acoustics in their campus theaters by acquiring data then researching and creating solutions.

She has spent the last several months working as an Audio Engineer for an Audio/Video company doing a job that is not what the company told her it would be, and is looking for something else.

Any help someone may have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
shihitemuslim
AG
She may want to consider a carrier in neuromonitoring. They get a certification called a CNIM and work during surgeries to see if there is any compromise to the brain or spinal cord. It requires an initial training. I would contact rfoteh AT neuroconnectllc.com to see if there is any openings.
agdaddy04
AG
Send me a PM
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.