Job Network
Sponsored by

Resigned today

4,640 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Briigo99
badhabit1492
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Worked as a branch manager for a blood sucking title loan company for 5 years. My degree is AG Economics. How screwed am I? Oh and about the degree it's from Tarleton.
powerbelly
AG
Quiting without a plan is always a good strategy.

What do you want to do? Why did you hate your old gig, other than the obvious?
Sims
AG
I would say it depends on how much cushion you built for yourself to live without a paycheck. Particularly if you have a family to support - time is not on your side. You'll need to be mindful of health insurance, major vehicle & home repairs etc.

After that, how mobile are you? Again, time is not on your side (just based on my assumption you don't have loads of cash put away) and companies won't move to hire in the last quarter, historically.

I would say start beating down doors for interviews, network and pick up a part time job.
SidetrackAg
AG
Agree with Sims, depends on how much you have saved that you can afford to lose. Did you at make any good contacts / networking? Apply and followup.
E
AG
Username checks out
HollywoodBQ
AG
badhabit1492 said:

Worked as a branch manager for a blood sucking title loan company for 5 years. My degree is AG Economics. How screwed am I? Oh and about the degree it's from Tarleton.
Have you talked to your local Army Recruiter yet?
RG20
Don't do Army.

Do Airforce or Marines.
BrazosDog02
AG
badhabit1492 said:

Dude.
txaggie_08
AG
[edit: wrong emoji]
I'd like more of a backstory as to why you resigned. I was disgruntled enough, and stressed enough, that I was extremely close to quitting my job this past February. Glad I didn't now, but was really close. Still looking to make a change, but am hanging in there until I find a new opportunity.
badhabit1492
Well is been 10 days since my panic post. Just to answer a few of your questions. I have enough saved up for about 6 months worth of bills. My main reason for leaving was just an overall disdain for the business I was in and really just looking for a change of venue. My original goal was to only be there short term in the first place.
I have updated the resume and have made few contacts with people in the insurance and adjuster's industry. Right now I'm working in the title department of an import lot in Plano. Of course this is temporary until I find something meaningful.
Overall I feel pretty good about the decision. Heck if hay prices were better I'd fire up the old dodge and make some runs to drought country.
helloag99
badhabit1492 said:

Well is been 10 days since my panic post. Just to answer a few of your questions. I have enough saved up for about 6 months worth of bills. My main reason for leaving was just an overall disdain for the business I was in and really just looking for a change of venue. My original goal was to only be there short term in the first place.
I have updated the resume and have made few contacts with people in the insurance and adjuster's industry. Right now I'm working in the title department of an import lot in Plano. Of course this is temporary until I find something meaningful.
Overall I feel pretty good about the decision. Heck if hay prices were better I'd fire up the old dodge and make some runs to drought country.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
What I don't understand is why you were able to tolerate working there for 5 years but quit without a job. It hurts your story about what to do next. I do understand getting out of a bad situation. Good luck to you and glad you have six months saved up.
akaggie05
AG
Yeah, I don't understand the quitting without having a new job lined up. It's immensely easier to find new employment while currently employed, as you don't come across as damaged goods and you're generally negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness. You can suck it up at the crappy job by day, and still spend several hours every night hunting for new opportunities, filling out applications, attending networking events, etc.
lunchbox
From his most recent post, it sounds like he has a temp job lined up while he finds something long-term.
cretzloff
AG
akaggie05 said:

Yeah, I don't understand the quitting without having a new job lined up. It's immensely easier to find new employment while currently employed, as you don't come across as damaged goods and you're generally negotiating from a position of strength rather than weakness. You can suck it up at the crappy job by day, and still spend several hours every night hunting for new opportunities, filling out applications, attending networking events, etc.
Just got done doing this. Everyone always says the best time to look for a job is while you have one. That may be the case, but scheduling interviews during the work week can sometimes be tedious. I kind of felt a little dirty doing it...
Briigo99
I was just scrolling through and saw this, but I work with a couple in business development and they are expanding to different cities in Texas currently. I wouldn't be able to promise you anything, but I might be able to get you in contact with them if you were interested?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.