Job Network
Sponsored by

Helping my Dad.

2,258 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PrestigeWorldwideAg12
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So I got word today that my father as well as several others that are higher ups were laid off as of today due to restructuring and outsourcing. He does not have a degree, but he does have 22 years in the navy (electronic warfare) and 17+ years with a large supplier of telecommunications networking equipment where he has been the Senior Operations manager for roughly the past 12 years there overseeing labs and projects in Mexico, California, Maryland, and other places.I know this is vague but any pointers would be sweet. Just trying to help my dad out after everything he has done for me in life I feel it is only right. He has a lot of knowledge in fiber optics and telecommunications side of things. Like I said all help and pointers would be greatly appreciated!
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Bump on this. He learned today is last day is January 26th. Like I mentioned, any assistance or pointers would be greatly appreciated!
DFWTLR
AG
Where is he located?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Currently in San Antonio. Believe it or not they actually already had their house up on the market before this came about and supposedly are about to go under contract this weekend. He is very open to opportunities just about anywhere.
DFWTLR
AG
I know of a few telecommunication subcontractors looking for PMs, ops mangers, and estimators in DFW and could pass his info to an previous manager of mine in Austin/San Antonio as well. How can I reach you if he's interested in those roles?
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Do you have an email?
Reload8098
AG
Has he reached out to HH in his areas of expertise? The good ones bring a lot of excellent opportunities.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Reload8098 said:

Has he reached out to HH in his areas of expertise? The good ones bring a lot of excellent opportunities.
Honestly he hasn't yet. He is still in shock. He started reaching out to one of the companies he worked along side and they might have something for him but he is old fashioned and isn't going to "count the chickens before they hatch". He is working on his resume at this moment and he planned on reaching out to a HH once that was finished (beginning of next week).
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Bump.
JamesPShelley
PrestigeWorldwideAg12 said:

Reload8098 said:

Honestly he hasn't yet. He is still in shock. He started reaching out to one of the companies he worked along side and they might have something for him but he is old fashioned and isn't going to "count the chickens before they hatch". He is working on his resume at this moment and he planned on reaching out to a HH once that was finished (beginning of next week).
Please have your father connect with me.
PrestigeWorldwideAg12
Will do!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.