Job Network
Sponsored by

May Graduate

1,749 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by MSCLC
G.W_Busch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy,

I graduate in May with a BS in USBU with minors in poultry science and ag econ. For those of you who were USBU or other University Studies majors, what was your first job like post-grad and how many times have you switched career paths? Also, how many companies did you apply to before landing an offer?
OldSoully
My advice is take a position that you can learn the most skills that will become more useful in your career down the road.

Also, go on as many job interviews and apply to as many jobs as possible. It's always a good idea to see what is availability and some of the qualifications for positions you might pursue down the road. The more interviewing you do the more comfortable you become with selling yourself, negotiating, etc.
2012Ag
AG
Solid handle.
IrishTxAggie
AG
I majored in Poultry and minored in Ag Econ. Lots of jobs out there if you go the poultry route. As far as job numbers, I'm 30 and on #4. Each new job I've taken has been a promotion that carried a significant raise.

Shoot me an email if you're curious about following the poultry path.

stpaulaggie at yahoo dot com
wtag1006
AG
What are you looking to do? Send me an email with resume and what your looking for if looking to stay in Poultry/AgEcon route ty.wtlconsulting at gmail.com
MSCLC
If you have ever considered a career in sales feel free to send me your resume. We are currently hiring for several positions. ben.gardner@mooresupply.com
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.