Job Network
Sponsored by

Video interview/screen

1,012 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ag Eng 92
Ag Eng 92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll have a video screen with a selection committee in about 10 days using webex. Any advice? Looks like I'll need to do it from home. It's supposed to take 50 minutes. I wish I could use my office conference facilities, but obviously, I'm trying to keep things quiet. I've never done this, so any tips would be appreciated!
powerbelly
AG
Put your webcam at head height.

Have a clean background with good lighting.
Rudyjax
AG
powerbelly51 said:

Put your webcam at head height.

Have a clean background with good lighting.

Actually have it above your head.
AgResearch
AG
Test it all out in advance.

No distractions for yourself or the interview team. (Loud sounds, things moving in the background, etc). Get the A/C damn cold long before so you can turn it up right before so it doesn't cycle on/off in the interview.
Astroag
AG
I'd practice with someone via skype so you get used to looking at the camera or the screen...i posted about a digital inteview (but there were no people. It was just me answering questions to the camera...VERY VERY strange) throwing me off.

If ya ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin!!!
Chipotlemonger
AG
Test all technical equipment beforehand if possible, is what I would say.

Also, make sure the home environment you choose can be "isolated" and you don't have disruptions. Clean up the place as well if anything other than the wall is in picture.

I'd also wear a full suit even if they can't see below the table. Will help with your psyche in my opinion.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Thanks- good tips. Someone from their end will have a technical check with me two days in advance. I'll likely try on my own this week to do a check. I'm thinking of setting the computer up so I can stand- I use a standing desk and feel more energetic on my feet.
Halconblack
AG
If you can't get your computer mic to work properly, don't be afraid to use a headset. Hearing you clearly is more important than how you look with a headset on.
Also, make sure you have a script for everything you want to cover. Doing a meeting digitally can make it difficult for you to get in your natural flow, and there is no walking back into the room if you forgot something.
Ag Eng 92
AG
Had the technology walkthrough this morning- everything went smooth. We are using WebEx (I'm familiar with it in conference call/shared screen settings), but I had not used it for video. We will be using phones for audio. I feel good about logistics, I just need to find some time to prepare!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.