Job Network
Sponsored by

Anyone looking for a new Grad MBA candidate (Finance/Business background)?

1,161 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by C5Aggie03
C5Aggie03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ladies/Gents,

My brother-in-law recently completed an MBA an is looking for an entry level job. He is open to anything where there is growth and development for future opportunities. I know that is an open ended response but initially experience is everything and career paths take a life of their own. He is not an Aggie but a family member so I am trying to network for him on my end. His BS is from St. Thomas & his MBA is from a private university in Barcelona, Spain. He is looking to stay in Houston but open to opportunities in Dallas/Austin.

Gig'em,

-AP
IrishTxAggie
AG
MBA and entry-level? How old is he?

I don't mean to sound conceited with this, but I don't see his MBA serving much value when it's from Spain and he's looking for work in Texas.
powerbelly
AG
ColinAggie said:

I don't mean to sound conceited with this, but I don't see his MBA serving much value when it's from Spain and he's looking for work in Texas.
Those are the same questions I had.

From the info given, it looks like he partied for Europe for two years and used an MBA as an excuse to do so.
Premium
AG
powerbelly51 said:

ColinAggie said:

Those are the same questions I had.

From the info given, it looks like he partied for Europe for two years and used an MBA as an excuse to do so.

Maybe that's why he's looking entry level. Good for him for traveling while young.

Although, one of my concerns would be how committed are they to Houston. I've known guys and girls like this that never lose that travel bug and are always looking for a way back to Europe.

For those reasons I would be hesitant.
Ulrich
Did he work between undergrad and MBA?
C5Aggie03
AG
Thanks for the feedback guys and all of it is legit but here are a few things that you don't know based on the decision he made to go overseas.

1. He is 28 years old and was working in a bank here in Houston but decided he wanted more opportunities which generally means you can stay there for a long time and try to move up or go back to school and try that approach.

2. He decided to go back for an MBA because he wanted to progress faster in his career and not create a ceiling for himself by what his formal education dictated for himself. He has dual citizenship in Europe & the US/Mexico. This is why he decided to look at all of his options as far as schools and locations. My advice to him was to go to a school here in Houston which is more connected as far as recognition by name. Everyone knows who UofH, A&M, Tulane, Rice, Texas, etc..... are. He applied to a few local schools and was accepted but he got a very nice scholarship to go study in Spain for his MBA.

3. He chose to do his MBA in Spain due to the almost full ride for an MBA vs shelling out at a minimum $40,000 upwards of $90,000 for the other higher tier MBAs here in the Houston area. Sometimes you take a hit in order to make it up later but that's not the way he saw it.

Any leads, interest or suggestions are welcome. I am an engineer so I have little to no idea how most business majors get their foot in the door other than a nice GPA, a relative, etc like most people. Connection and networking is everything. Timing is also everything in life, not all of us see it that way but that's what it boils down to vs just where you went to school or how high your GPA was.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.