Job Network
Sponsored by

Helping my SO...She's an experienced RN looking for a new position (DFW)

731 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BeastmodeAg
Rice and Fries
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She works in Transplant ICU, but wants to work in either babies or heart related.

She's got 1.5 years of experience, a BSN and I hate to see how much the job is taking a toll on her (her floor always stacks her with 5 patients, limited attending availability, just terrible support in general)

Anyone know of any openings or inside tracks to jumping into Cardiac or Maternal/Baby related?
AgResearch
AG
snowmnag970 said:

I hate to see how much the job is taking a toll on her (her floor always stacks her with 5 patients, limited attending availability, just terrible support in general)
My wife is a nurse too. The quoted is pretty common across the industry.

Best of luck to her.
Maverick06
AG
Wife is a nurse with BSN as well. She just got promoted out of her cardiac unit and is training to be a Nurse Manager of a new ortho/bariatric hospital opening in Argyle (same hospital system). Can you narrow down DFW? That's a pretty wide range. Her cardiac unit was in Decatur. Surprisingly a pretty advanced cardiac/ICU unit for being rural.
cslifer
To quote the above posters, best of luck. Unfortunately many hospital systems are just that way, they will have the minimum staff required on paper, not always what is actually best for the pts and nurses. That being said some places are much better than others. Best advice I can give is to network and talk to other nurses and find out who is happy at work. My wife has been an ER nurse for close to 15 yrs and from talking to her and her friends I can tell you exactly where I would and wouldn't work. Unfortunate I am not in your area to help you out.
Rice and Fries
She is in Dallas proper at Baylor Scott and white.
BeastmodeAg
AG
Don't try houston we are full
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.