Job Network
Sponsored by

Anyone ever mail your resume/cover letter to a company's recruiter?

1,186 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AJ02
HBCanine08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I found the legal recruiter via LinkedIn for a company I am interested in in the DFW area. I sent her a LinkedIn message, but no response and no read receipt.

I am guessing it couldn't hurt to mail her my resume and cover letter instead, right?
Petrino1
HBCanine08 said:

I found the legal recruiter via LinkedIn for a company I am interested in in the DFW area. I sent her a LinkedIn message, but no response and no read receipt.

I am guessing it couldn't hurt to mail her my resume and cover letter instead, right?
Yes, by all means email your resume and cover letter directly to her. This is why Linkedin exists, to connect job seekers to the gate keepers/hiring managers.
HBCanine08
AG
I meant physically mail to the office. She doesn't have her email listed in her LinkedIn
YellAgs
AG
it shows initiative to mail it. i say do it. it worked for me once getting the job i wanted.
try to find an aggie at the company and email them / ask for advice. i have gotten multiple interviews this way.
Petrino1
Honestly if you mail it to her it will probably just wind up in the trash. Speaking from first hand experience. Email is a much better method, at least you know she will see it.
John Francis Donaghy
Do it all.

Legal market in DFW is pretty saturated. If you want to get a foot in the door with a recruiter, you're going to have to make it happen.

Mail it. Email it. Call the recruiter directly. Call the recruiting firm's main office line and ask for them by name if you can't find a direct number. Leave messages, and follow up. Be as persistent as you can be without being a full on PITA. I speak from direct recent experience on this.
Goose06
AG
2 things I've learned doing more of a business development / sales job:

1. If you know the persons name, you can figure out their email address

2. If you know their name and office location, you can call the main line and get damn near anyone on the phone. C-Level folks are just about the only people this is not true for
AJ02
AG
I've been in the job search as recently as last week. Here's what worked best for me:

1. Making a list of companies you're interested and literally googling their phone number, calling it, and asking for HR.

2. Download LinkedIn jobs app in conjunction with paying for the subscription LinkedIn. You can see who the hiring person is on the LinkedIn job app, then reach out to them directly via LinkedIn. When you pay for the service, you get more access to them.

3. Find someone, anyone, that works for a company and ask if they have a temp agency that recruits for them. Like Adecco, AppleOne, etc.

All of those proved 1000 time more successful for me than any job search engine.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.