Job Network
Sponsored by

Husband looking for legal job

2,983 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
aggiespartan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We currently live in Portland, OR but are looking to relocate. He will be eligible for reciprocity in September. He has been practicing in foreclosure law for the past 5 years, but is looking to change fields or do some in house counsel work for a bank. He is generally open to anything. We are both aggies and both went to Michigan State law school. We are open to just about any location. We just aren't having much luck with a cross country search. Thanks for any help/leads.
beerag04
AG
I work for an energy company in Houston, and we are looking for another in house real estate attorney. If he understands title and surveys he might be a fit. I came here from a firm that represented banks doing finance and foreclosure work and I feel like that experience has served me pretty well.

We actually have a Portland office, but we usually require all attorneys to be in the corporate office in Houston.

Feel free to email me at username @ gmail
aggiespartan
AG
Awesome. That is actually exactly what he does now (working at a firm that represents banks). I will pass this along and have him email you this weekend. Thanks!
Bitter Old Man
AG
My bank is looking for an In-house council with real estate experience. Located in B/CS. email me at atxbanker at gmail and I can tell you more.
aggiespartan
AG
Bitter Old Man said:

My bank is looking for an In-house council with real estate experience. Located in B/CS. email me at atxbanker at gmail and I can tell you more.
Thanks, just saw this. I will pass this along in case you are still looking.

Still very much interested in the opportunity you have beerag, but I imagine the hurricane has stalled you guys a bit. Hope everyone is doing ok and is recovering well.
aggiespartan
AG
Bump. Still looking.
hbc07
AG
Husband here- still looking if anyone has leads. Beerag's company unfortunately decided to go a different route and i haven't heard anything back from Bitter Old Man's bank (which after this long is probably a no.
Max06
AG
Any experience with intellectual property/patents? My office is hiring.
hbc07
AG
Licensed patent attorney, but no real world experience.
Max06
AG
Here's the posting. You'll have a way better idea of your suitability than I would.
aggiespartan
AG
still looking
hbc07
AG
Forgot to post back here: Thought about it a bit, but I think my level of experience would be nowhere near what they would want.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
I know Akerman Senterfitt has been looking for consumer finance litigators recently in Houston and (I think) dallas. They seem to want around 5 years of experience. I don't really have any personal connections but I've seen them pop up on job boards frequently lately.

They're pretty big so I imagine comp will be solid. NALPdirectory says they pay first years 100-170. Probably at least worth a look.

Good luck. Legal job market is a grind. Just took me over a year to make a move as a local.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.