Job Network
Sponsored by

Quantlabs - any connections or anyone know anything

830 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by lunchbox
jamaggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
about them?

I am an engineer and I definitely have the quantative skills they are looking for. In addition, I am currently working on my MBA.

That said, other than just Google, I don't know anything about them or what a job would even look like. I am out of my knowledge zone when it comes to investment/finance type firms, so before I even bother applying, I want to learn something about what exactly it is that they do. What are the daily tasks of the various employees?

Any insight or information is appreciated.
lunchbox
I actually know someone who works there. Let me ask if he minds sharing his info. They get a referral bonus so I would think he wouldn't care...

edited to add....just FYI, I know their hiring process includes taking the wonderlic. My brother applied there and was a finalist for a position but ultimately didn't get the job. He said they weren't supposed to tell him his score, but he was able to talk HR into giving it to him. He did pretty well on it (hence being a finalist) and the only prep work he did for it was watching some youtube videos on the test taking strategy.
jamaggie06
AG
Much obliged! Interesting to hear about the Wonderlic.
lunchbox
Can you post your email temporarily so I can send you his address? I'll let you know when you can pull it.
jamaggie06
AG
-
lunchbox
Got it.
jamaggie06
AG
Not trying to be creepy or anything, but just so I can set the tone for an e-mail, the nature of your relationship with the person you mentioned is as a friend, correct? Or would it be better if I refereed to you more as a business associate or colleague?
lunchbox
He knows I don't know you at all and just saw your message on texags. He's a sip btw...but the good kind.

He and I used to work closely together at a prior employer. He's a good guy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.