Job Network
Sponsored by

Glassdoor reviews

2,982 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HBCanine08
eluwak5447
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much, if any, stock does a job seeker put in a Glassdoor review of a company?
jtp01
AG
Personally I would not put much stock in them. I left an honest review of a company I was with for 13 years and pointed out some ethical issues and the review was never posted.

I don't know if companies have any input to remove reviews or not but mine was never posted. I did end up getting a letter from the CEO asking for some clarification but I'm not sure if that was the result of the review or the result of my exit interview.
MXAG15
AG
A lot of the times usually the people who have the worst experiences leave a review and over exaggerate but the other half of the time it's usually true. Just look at the trend in reviews and see how they compare to the others. Salaries are usually pretty close to what you could expect.

Just a heads up though some companies tell there new employees to leave good reviews to drown out the bad ones. I know of one Austin company which does this.
Ulrich
MXAG15 said:

A lot of the times usually the people who have the worst experiences leave a review and over exaggerate but the other half of the time it's usually true. Just look at the trend in reviews and see how they compare to the others. Salaries are usually pretty close to what you could expect.

Just a heads up though some companies tell there new employees to leave good reviews to drown out the bad ones. I know of one Austin company which does this.

I also know a company that pushes employees to leave good reviews. It's a terrible place to work.

The thing to watch for is long, well written bad reviews that aren't emotional in tone.
BrazosDog02
AG
I have considered leaving a poor review of my company that I was laid of from after 12 years. It would have all been completely true amd something i felt before being laid off. But again...consider the source...I'm pissed off, every corporate company has incompetent jokers running it to some capacity, and my experience is highly local to my immediate team and group. So...yeah, I trust the reviews, but use them with an open mind through the right colored glasses.

For me, after 12 months of unemployment, I don't care about reviews. There's a lot of stuff I'll overlook and deal with....you can ALWAYS quit. Lol.
Rudyjax
AG
Grain of salt.

We have all worked in a job where a coworker hated everything and you didn't mind it. Or other way around.

superunknown
AG
Ulrich said:

MXAG15 said:

I also know a company that pushes employees to leave good reviews. It's a terrible place to work.

The thing to watch for is long, well written bad reviews that aren't emotional in tone.

My company is pretty much a cult that operates outside the reality of the rest of the industry and i got emails from the corporate HR person constantly about submitting good reviews. Yeah...gonna pass on that. After a year+ here and looking to get out soon there's no way I'm touching that. Maybe once i leave, I'd post a review but only as a cautionary tale.
topher06
Ulrich said:

MXAG15 said:

Alliantgroup? Heard that is one of the worst places on earth.
johnrth
MXAG15 said:

What if all the reviews (~70) are bad or have something negative to say and it has a 1 star rating?

A recruiter reached out to me today and told me about this position. It would be a significant pay raise but according to glass door its a horrible and unsafe place to work, management is basically the devil, long hours, no time home etc etc. From my quick research on this company, its a manufacturing company and it seems as though most employees are union. So with that said, would you assume the rating and reviews are by pissed off union folks?

MXAG15
AG
johnrth said:

MXAG15 said:

What if all the reviews (~70) are bad or have something negative to say and it has a 1 star rating?

A recruiter reached out to me today and told me about this position. It would be a significant pay raise but according to glass door its a horrible and unsafe place to work, management is basically the devil, long hours, no time home etc etc. From my quick research on this company, its a manufacturing company and it seems as though most employees are union. So with that said, would you assume the rating and reviews are by pissed off union folks?

Sometimes the work place just sucks. One company up here in north Texas just got through accepting a deal with the Feds due to illegal practices. Everyone is jumping ship and a good chunk of Glassdoor are bad reviews. Needless to say, that company is trying to sugar coat the fact they got caught and are trying to belittle the reviews left by former employees. I know this since I almost applied to them.
HBCanine08
AG
Care to share the company so we don't apply there?
MXAG15
AG
HBCanine08 said:

Care to share the company so we don't apply there?

Fay Servicing
HBCanine08
AG
Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.