Job Network
Sponsored by

The boom in Texas is about over

3,035 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by IrishTxAggie
agneck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Oil down. Interest rates going up.cheap money at low interest rates. Land prices out of sight. Get ready. Look at Texas history boom and bust. Wealth is made during the bust accumulating cheap assets not at the top. Get ready for it.
John Francis Donaghy
Oil is down, but the industry has reorganized itself to function in a low-price era and people are starting to go back to work in the patch. Also, Texas's economy today is much more diversified than in the past. Oil may be down, but other sectors like tech and finance are still booming. Land prices are high because people and jobs keep pouring in from the coasts as companies relocate to Texas for the more business friendly environment. There will come a day when that trend slows, and the job and GDP growth slow along with it, and land prices will correct when that happens, but that day hasn't come yet.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Excellent Post. It ain't 1986.
DallasAggie0
Oil has been down for what 2 years? If there was going to be a crash because of that it would have happened already.
Ragoo
AG
DallasAggie0 said:

Oil has been down for what 2 years? If there was going to be a crash because of that it would have happened already.
beginning summer 2014.
Ciboag96
Gas and chemicals

Get on the non-straight-chain-train
AgLA06
AG
For those of us on the front end of up stream it feels like forever. First hiccup was in 13.
Shooter McGavin
AG
Top five counties for projected economic growth in the country for the next five years - three are in Texas.

Denton, Collin, Fort Bend.

PlanoAg98
AG
Quote:

Top five counties for projected economic growth in the country for the next five years - three are in Texas.

Denton, Collin, Fort Bend.
Collin County representing... Whoot whoot!!!
IrishTxAggie
AG
I'm from Gonzales County and things are beginning to pick up again out there. As noted, prices may be down, but it's made the industry as a whole that much more efficient. It's obviously not a boom going on right now, but I think we're starting to see a bit of leveling off and less volatility. ~$50 seems to be a good sweet spot for the industry now.
GrayMatter
AG
ColinAggie said:

I'm from Gonzales County and things are beginning to pick up again out there. As noted, prices may be down, but it's made the industry as a whole that much more efficient. It's obviously not a boom going on right now, but I think we're starting to see a bit of leveling off and less volatility. ~$50 seems to be a good sweet spot for the industry now.
It would be nice if it got to ~$60 by the end of the year.
IrishTxAggie
AG
Barring some sort of major disruption, I don't see it happening this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.