Job Network
Sponsored by

Need advice/help

654 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by aggiez03
RCoote16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So I want to get into the construction industry, despite not majoring in something like construction science. Whats the best way of doing this will little to no experience in the field, do y'all recommend starting as a laborer? I ultimately want to work up to be a project manager/superintendent etc. If any y'all can offer any advice on whats the best way to change career paths/ or if you know any companies hiring that would be awesome!

Help a lost Ag out, thanks and Gig'em
aggiez03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Go work for a trac home builder. They will hire almost anyone with a college degree.

Salary will probably start in the mid-40s with the opportunity to make in mid-50s the first year.

If you are lucky, you can be a manager in 5-10 years and work most weekends and make $60-70K.

Lots of turnover and most trac builder mgmt could care less about paying for a quality trade. So be prepared to babysit alot and any good trade that you find will leave for greener pastures as soon as he can.

Course most of this info is close to 20 years old, but I doubt much has changed with these types....
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.