Job Network
Sponsored by

Project Controls Cost Analyst Job in The Woodlands

1,311 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LostInLA07
LostInLA07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This position will be posted in the next day or so. Let me know if you are interested and, once the job is posted, I'll add a link to apply. I don't know why we do it this way, but the salary listed in the posting is the minimum we pay for this position. This posting can be filled as an Analyst I, II, III or Senior. I am looking for someone with cost engineering experience in owner or EPC organizations (ideally both) and I am more focused on type of experience than years of experience (field experience, full project lifecycle experience, multi-discipline experience, etc.).

-----

Primary Location: Texas-Woodlands
Job Function: Other
MRV Minimum Salary: $47,500.00
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1.0
Req ID: 72503
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%

JOB SUMMARY/PURPOSE
Performs analysis, estimates, and forecasts related to projects in all stages of development or execution. Creates and maintains financial and business models. Compiles performance information related to project cost and schedule and prepares reports. Provides analytical expertise to support project and portfolio management.

JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Builds and maintains cost models and performs numerical analysis based on different scenarios for projects or portfolios of projects as requested from management. Prepares project/program/enterprise status reports. Prepares cash flow estimates in support of monthly present estimate processes.

Analyzes cost and schedule impacts of project scope changes and trends. Prepares and delivers presentations of numerical analysis.

Interfaces with project team(s) as necessary for cost control monitoring, analysis and reporting. Provides day-to-day detailed monitoring and analysis of project budgets and actuals. Updates and maintains project budgets and cost information. Provides accurate financial, cost reporting, trending analysis and recommends corrective actions.

Performs quantitative risk analysis to validate cost contingency. Develops and maintains cost and resource databases and reports.

Identifies need for cost analysis support for projects, and recommends development or modification of cost engineering data standards. Formats data for cost analysis and maintains historical cost database.

Prepares estimates of future project costs or forecasts. Participates as member of project/program audits and prepares internal corrective action plans.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
Minimum education required of the position
Bachelor's Degree in a technical or business related field required or equivalent work experience.

Minimum experience required of the position
Analyst I: 0-2 years of professional experience
Analyst II: 2-4 years of professional experience
Analyst III: 4-6 years of professional experience
Analyst Sr: At least 6 years of professional experience
Desired: Capital project development and execution experience.

Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position
Analytical skill set with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Desired: Knowledge of Entergy financial and accounting systems and processes.

Any certificates, licenses, etc. required for the position
Desired: AACEI Certified Cost Technician, AACEI Certified Cost Professional

EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.

The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.

Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.

Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website,http://www.eei.org/practicetests, Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
agconstruction
AG
Thanks for sharing this. I'm interested if you have the link available.
Aggie1391
Also interested
LostInLA07
AG
I am waiting for a final approval to get the job posted. If you post your email address I'll send a note so I can get your resume.
agconstruction
AG
LostInLA07
AG
Got it
LostInLA07
AG
https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=72503&company=entergy&username=
htxag09
AG
Should I send you my resume or just apply via the link?
LostInLA07
AG
Both. Send me a PM and we'll chat this week.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.