Job Network
Sponsored by

DFW AGGIE LOOKING TO GET OUT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT

1,874 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DFWAGGIE2007!!
DFWAGGIE2007!!
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy all!

I have been in a large agency and currently a Detective. Looking to go to the corporate sector. Any ideas? Any one looking for an internal investigator? I can give details in a PM or phone call.

I have applied to an opening at Facebook as a company investigator. Is there any one that can give an insight to that company?

I appreciate the help in advance y'all!

V/R
Krazykat
AG
I'm in the same boat. Looking to get out in a couple years after I hit my 20. Looking at corporate security. Just started working on my Certified Protection Professional certification through ASIS International.

Something else you might look at is taking the Life After Law Enforcement seminar offered through the FBI National Academy. Offered to all law enforcement, not just the ones that graduated from the NA. They have been offering the seminar at locations around the country. I went to the one in San Antonio last year. Good information for someone that hasn't done a job search or written a resume in almost 20 years.

http://www.fbinaa.org/FBINAA/Events/Life_After_Law_Enforcement/FBINAA/Training/Life_After_Law_Enforcement.aspx?hkey=3c0b21d9-e35b-4002-a865-461547108939

The ASIS Expo will be in Dallas in September. September 27 is law enforcement and military appreciation day. You'll be able to get in free for the day and sit in on some of the lectures. Might be something to go to to see if corporate security is for you. I'm planning on going.

https://securityexpo.asisonline.org/highlights-events/Pages/Law-Enforcement-and-Military-Appreciation-Day.aspx
DFWAGGIE2007!!
AG
Thank you very much for the information. I will absolutely plan on attending this seminar.
PlanoAg98
AG
How does an Aggie get into law enforcement? I didn't think we had a criminal justice program.
Krazykat
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

How does an Aggie get into law enforcement? I didn't think we had a criminal justice program.

When I graduated, the jobs I found were in North Texas or beyond. Got into law enforcement to hold me over until I found something related to my major closer to the Texas Gulf Coast. I found that I loved it. I rose through the ranks quickly. Not getting rich, but I do enjoy it. I'm at a point where I'm deciding if I stick with it or venture into corporate security for a second career.
PlanoAg98
AG
Did you have to go through any police academy? I assume someone with a bachelor's degree wouldn't go through the same police academy process as someone coming out of high school.
jpd301
AG
PlanoAg98 said:

Did you have to go through any police academy? I assume someone with a bachelor's degree wouldn't go through the same police academy process as someone coming out of high school.
Unless they are a licensed peace officer already they typically would go to the same academy.
DFWAGGIE2007!!
AG
I would really like to keep this thread on track. I appreciate the information on the seminar very much. I am still open for any one that may be looking for a Detective skill set in the private sector. I also have a SWAT back ground as well. Willing to discuss in a different setting. Thanks yall!!
Krazykat
AG
DFWAGGIE, if you are determined to stick with investigations in the private sector, then you may want to look at the Professional Certified Investigator certification through ASIS.

https://www.asisonline.org/Certification/Board-Certifications/PCI/Pages/default.aspx

If you are into white-collar crimes, other organizations offer a Certified Fraud Examiners certification.

When I went to the Life After Law Enforcement seminar, they preached about the positive of getting certifications. Law Enforcement experience doesn't necessarily translate nicely into the business world. The certs will only help.
agdaddy04
AG
You didn't mention the company you applied to in the OP. May help since you're asking about it.
runontexas
AG
I've always wondered..do the IT folks have to be patrolmen first?
PrincessButtercup
AG
BlueAg2003 could maybe offer some insight.
DFWAGGIE2007!!
AG
Bump
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.