Job Network
Sponsored by

Entry level oil and gas finance jobs

1,697 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HissingNewt
HissingNewt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy, does anybody know of entry level job openings in oil and gas finance in Houston? I'm class of 2014 and have an economics degree. The reason I'm specifying entry level is that I have no real experience in that industry due to working in banking for the past two and a half years. I'd appreciate any tips or leads on job openings. Thanks.
ChemEAg08
AG
I work for a large o&g (chemicals/downstream). Many of the people who get brought in for finance jobs our company typically will be straight out of school, already be at the company or have MBAs (which may be the best bet). Either full time or weekend will work for ours.
HissingNewt
AG
Yeah, I've noticed most positions seem to fit that description. Thanks.
ChemEAg08
AG
Anytime, but don't get discouraged. I was determined to work for the company I'm at now and after a number of rejected applications, I finally made it in...
Ulrich
My o&g company has hired people into finance after 2-3 years of banking experience. It's not a lost cause. That said... why specifically o&g now? I know you're in Houston, but I'm not sure I'd be limiting my search to that particular industry given the challenges it faces.
HissingNewt
AG
ChemEAg08 said:

Anytime, but don't get discouraged. I was determined to work for the company I'm at now and after a number of rejected applications, I finally made it in...

Yeah, I've been sending out resumes for like a year at this point so thought it was worth looking here and seeing if the Aggie Network had any advice or leads. Seems like it's best to just continue sending out resumes and cover letters until I get responses.
HissingNewt
AG
Ulrich said:

My o&g company has hired people into finance after 2-3 years of banking experience. It's not a lost cause. That said... why specifically o&g now? I know you're in Houston, but I'm not sure I'd be limiting my search to that particular industry given the challenges it faces.

I find oil and gas to be a pretty interesting industry that's also international enough that I coukd reasonably work in another country for a period. I'm mostly looking at it becaise it's what a lot of jobs in Houston revolve around.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.