Job Network
Sponsored by

Temp employee needed (1 week) - CONSTRUCTION ESTIMATING experience required (DALLAS)

1,830 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by LightningDammitt
Celee04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am looking for someone to come in for a week or so to help do quantity takeoffs from drawings of a large industrial construction project... mostly pipe but some civil and structural steel as well.

I really need someone with construction estimating experience who will need little (if any) instruction/supervision.

Reply here or PM me if interested
Waltonloads08
AG
Are there really people that exist with these requirements that only need or want 1 week of work?

Honest question, just seems odd.
07&09Ag
are you bidding a job and need help doing the takeoff for bid purposes? If so, you are braver than I. There's no way I could confidently bid a job from takeoffs done by a temp employee that I (1) have no idea the quality of work they peodicue and (2) that has no skin in the game so to speak of the product produced since he will be long gone before you ever know whether his takeoff was good or not.

That aside, your best bet is likely someone looking for a little extra income that's will g to work in the evenings on this for you. Probably against 99% of companies policies but to allow employees to do this but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
Eliminatus
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

Are there really people that exist with these requirements that only need or want 1 week of work?

You'd be surprised in the world of contracting how common this can be. If someone quite unexpectedly or is fired, dies, etc in the middle of a project or near completion it happens.
Celee04
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

Yes usually people who are in between jobs.
Celee04
AG
07&09Ag said:

are you bidding a job and need help doing the takeoff for bid purposes? If so, you are braver than I. There's no way I could confidently bid a job from takeoffs done by a temp employee that I (1) have no idea the quality of work they peodicue and (2) that has no skin in the game so to speak of the product produced since he will be long gone before you ever know whether his takeoff was good or not.

That aside, your best bet is likely someone looking for a little extra income that's will g to work in the evenings on this for you. Probably against 99% of companies policies but to allow employees to do this but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

No. This work is a change order evaluation.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I already have a full time job, but is any of this modeled, or is it all paper/pdf?
Celee04
AG
Paper/PDF
Science Denier
AG
Did you find someone yet? I know someone that I think is still between jobs. I just shot him a text. He's an Aggie.

How much are you paying? If you don't want to post that info here, my email is aggie0790 at yahoo dot com. He is a very senior level estimator, but can do this for you no problem, if he's not landed another gig.
Science Denier
AG
There is a company called Turner and Townsend. They contract project controls folks out, and have some estimators. That could be another route for you to take. They have an office in Houston.
I Am A Critic
07&09Ag said:

There's no way I could confidently bid a job from takeoffs done by a temp employee that I (1) have no idea the quality of work they peodicue and
schmellba99
AG
WaltonLoads08 said:

Lots of people that do this.

Hell, I'd do it if I weren't putting so many fckin hours in on my normal day job because we are a bit behind schedule. And if the OP would agree to what I value my spare time at, which wouldn't be cheap.
dahouse
AG
I'm a full time PM/Estimator, 10 years in O&G facilities and pipeline construction. I'm willing help you out, but it would have to be after-hours/moonlighting. PM me if you want to talk it over.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
OnlyForNow
AG
$250 an hour?
schmellba99
AG
OnlyForNow said:

$250 an hour?
That would likely be my bottom line. Gotta remember that you'll pay taxes out of that. I don't get much free time as it is, it's worth a lot to me at the moment.
Celee04
AG
jblaschke said:

Did you find someone yet? I know someone that I think is still between jobs. I just shot him a text. He's an Aggie.

How much are you paying? If you don't want to post that info here, my email is aggie0790 at yahoo dot com. He is a very senior level estimator, but can do this for you no problem, if he's not landed another gig.
Dang. I found someone already but will let you know if they aren't working out.
LightningDammitt
AG
WOW! What dedication to the employee.... Why would the hire even care?
AgLA06
AG
LightningDammitt said:

LightningDammitt
AG
AgLA06 said:

LightningDammitt said:

Lack of interest and/or responsibility from the employer + no loyalty/incentive from the employee = no motivation to do a legit job from either participant.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.