Job Network
Sponsored by

Looking for a new IT PM opportunity (Houston, Austin or San Antonio)

1,899 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by HollywoodBQ
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Recently laid off from a medical device company in Houston, TX. (Over 60 people in my department were impacted)

I am experienced in IT Project management of various types including software development, enterprise applications, and infrastructure. The sizes of the projects I have managed ranges in size from several thousand dollars to $1.5M.

Prior to my recent position I was also at MD Anderson Cancer Center, my tenure there was cut short due to their budget issues and subsequent layoffs and reorganization in IS.

Before that I was at Cameron international in their Corporate IT group where I ran several projects related to process improvement and enterprise applications that impacted project executiion for the company.

I am extremely versatile and a fast learner. I am looking for something in Houston, Austin or San Antonio.

If anyone knows of anything please let me know. I have an updated resume, letters of recommendation and professional references available upon request.

Andrew@Andrew-Adams.me
adamsbq06
AG
Resume
KC_Ag14
AG
Look at Rackspace in San Antonio. They have a lot of positions posted. Know an Aggie who works there and she loves it.
CapCity12thMan
AG
5 page resume?

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Want to work in Dallas? I can probably make it happen.
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Very impressive credentials; there's got to be a good place for you. Good luck.
wsjag
AG
Avoid RAX in San Antonio

They have had so much turnover the last two or three years including all the leadership. Friends who worked there say Project management there is an absolute joke as missions and directions changed quarterly. . Salary for a PM is 20% below average.

I would read glass door for recent reviews and judge for yourself. At one time it was probably a good place to work when it was first a start up but most people have said as the company grew they were unable to sustain their culture.
FTAG 2000
AG
If you're up for a move up north to Dallas (more specifically, Plano/Frisco), let me know.

blackwell [at] aggienetwork dot com

HollywoodBQ
AG
wsjag said:

Avoid RAX in San Antonio
I was wondering about that. They're advertising for a job in my area and I think it's a NO.
texirish2
AG
Looks like this has already been mentioned, but if you can look at Dallas I can help. I work for a mid size consulting firm and we are always looking for strong IT PMs. Id be happy to introduce you to some of the folks on the contract and recruiting side. Message me if interested
TexAgsAnon
texirish2 said:

Looks like this has already been mentioned, but if you can look at Dallas I can help. I work for a mid size consulting firm and we are always looking for strong IT PMs. Id be happy to introduce you to some of the folks on the contract and recruiting side. Message me if interested
Any idea what the path from SysAdmin to PM is? After a decade of SysAdmining, I'm a little over it.
adamsbq06
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

texirish2 said:

Any idea what the path from SysAdmin to PM is? After a decade of SysAdmining, I'm a little over it.
I was a Network Admin/Sys Admin in the beginning of my career... I ended up getting a consulting gig, then moved to a Project Management role in Oil and Gas...
HollywoodBQ
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

texirish2 said:

If there's a particular hardware or software technology you're proficient with, you might consider a technical sales role. It at least gets you out from in front of staring at a screen all day.

And... after 20 years of SysAdmin work, I'm so far over it, it's not even funny. Everytime I think I can walk away from it, somebody screws something up or doesn't know what they're doing and I get sucked back in. I don't mind helping out but, when they want to argue with me about what "theoretically" should work versus what actually works, that's when I get agro.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.