Job Network
Sponsored by

Any Georgia High School connections?

1,095 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BeaumontAg05
BeaumontAg05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hi guys I am a current high school counselor trying to find a job in Georgia close to the Atlanta area. Does anybody work in or know any connections? If nothing else just looking for advice on the best way to get my foot in the door as just applying online isn't getting results!
zooguy96
For those schools that you have applied at, go take a resume to the principal and talk with them a bit. Principles have hundreds of resumes on their desks at this time of year.

Unless you are severely over qualified or certified in specific high need areas, it is very difficult to get an interview. I'm certified in secondary math and science, so will always have a job if I want it

Also, substitute teaching in the school district you'd like to work in also helps. That way, they get to know you and your work ethic.
NomadicAggie
AG
BeaumontAg05
AG
Just to clarify things a little bit. I am a school counselor, not a teacher, so subbing is not an option nor is subject specific requirements. I am currently a high school counselor in florida (have been for 9 years), so I am more familiar with the hiring practices here. I am struggling to get my foot in the door because of distance, and no connections due from being out of state. Just looking for any advice or connections to get the name out there! Also wondering if the job fairs that they do are helpful, although those are mostly geared towards teachers!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.