Job Network
Sponsored by

Hiring - Buyer for Midstream Company, Houston

2,256 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dford05
Midstream Buyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Midstream Oil & Gas (Pipeline) company looking for a Buyer with a few years experience. Position will be out of the downtown Houston office. I am not the hiring manager but work in the department and can forward resumes along.

Some details from the job posting are below. Shoot me an email with your resume: username with no spaces at gmail, or feel free to email any questions about the position.

Source materials and supplies through the RFQ process including but not limited to: Pipe, Valves, Fittings (MRO materials), Pumps & Motors, Motor Control Centers/Power Distribution Centers (MCC or PDC); Variable Frequency Drives, Pipe Induction Bends.
Create commercial bid evaluations based on cost analysis and commercial terms of supplier quotations.
Create purchase orders via a competitive bid process (RFQ) in Oracle using documented guidelines provided.

Minimum Education Level: Bachelor's degree with a major in Supply Chain Management, Information and Operations Management, Logistics Technology, Industrial Distribution, Marketing, Management, Economics, Accounting/Finance, Business or related degree from an accredited university. Years of experience may be considered in lieu of Bachelor's degree.

Technical Skills: Extensive use of Microsoft Office Suite, including proficient use of Excel, Outlook and Word. Knowledge of Oracle ERP system.

Other Skills: Preferred candidate will have at least three (3) years' experience in purchasing, procurement or supply chain for oil and gas midstream and pipeline projects. In addition, the preferred candidate must become knowledgeable of company, products, inventory and usage, as well as product end-use markets. This position requires excellent communication and analytical skills needed to resolve problems and make decisions in a timely manner. Experience in pipeline/oil & gas industry required.
Ragoo
AG
who does the facilities type buying?
htxag09
AG
E
AG
Very interested!

Email received
Midstream Buyer
Ragoo - All depends on if it's greenfield, expansion, maintenance, etc.

Emails have been sent to all who have shown interest.

mm98
AG
ml199498@gmail.com

thank you
Dgarcia_5
Interested...

dgarcia_5@yahoo.com
Midstream Buyer
Emails have been sent to all.
Ronnie
AG

I have a niece who is in procurement in the Houston area I think would be good for this. I have a resume for her as well, I will send when I get home.
TexagChris17
AG
Very interested. I do not have any procurement or O&G work experience, but I do have a degree in supply chain management and work experience in customer service, inbound logistics, inventory control, and inventory management.
shelbys99
Interested..

Shelbys99@yahoo.com
koadie
AG
interested

codymholder2012@gmail.com
Midstream Buyer
Well as it would turn out this position has been filled internally. Company has removed the posting and is no longer accepting resumes. Out of my control but I do apologize for any inconvenience to those who were interested.

I hate that it happened this way but I'll make sure to email all who have sent in their resumes to me with this update. Will make sure your resume is kept on file for future openings.
koadie
AG
Would you be able to respond about another position that was posted with you guys?
dford05
AG
I have a buddy that is interested. My email is dford05@gmail.com.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.